Africasgateway.com

I need a job

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
jUST GOT BACK FROM A JOB INTERVIEW WITH THE GOVERNMENT.

Got through the first ten minutes of it with ease, impressed them with my knowledge of Photoshop, Freehand, Flash, Dreamweaver and Coreldraw, for the following ten, and then this woman asks me, what do I think are the strong and weak points of Quarkxpress.  I´v e never used quark in my life!!!!!

I lose the plot and try to explain that Quark is on its way out and Indesign is the way of the future. They say, well thats our main software over here and you´re gonna have to sit through a practical test to test your abilities on it now.

I go and do the prac, and then manage to whip up something quite impressive-looking, even better than the other two morons also doing the prac. Now I hope the other four people on the shortlist suck more than them.

Else I´m really unemployed as of FEbruary.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
M sure U kicked it pyro.
But remember if u umeployed that there is a lot of AG ish to be done. The calender, the events, and so much more.
So if you get the job all you gotta do is convince them that quark is old news and you cud train others on how to use the programs u prefer.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hey Pyro.I am sure u´ll do just fine.

Take some advice and dont worry too much about things that r outta ur hands.Be confident and believe ur the best guy for the job.Remember, if they´re smart, they´ll go for the person with the most confidence and charisma to handle the job.That, in the end, is all that makes the difference.

SPeaking of govt, which dept is it son?I too gotta get on that govt bandwagon.Lots of jobs in the paper I see and in my interest too.Maybe I should take something in Polokwane.......then if it pays well, I can fly down on the regular anyways.Cool as ice.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac