Africasgateway.com

HipHocalypse Re-Mixtape

MaddStone · 206 · 29640

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I know peeps have been fiending for info on this and I have too.So I thought, taking a leaf outta what Nat mentioned, Iエd start the thread so that more of the official info can filter into one thread and the info wont be too spread across others leaving u to piece everything together.
<BR>
<BR>So hopefully, this could be a fruitful one and could lead to an official Re-Mixtape release.Who knows.Uエll never know I guess, until we try.Lets see what Tate and the gang have to say.Iエve done my little bit, now interaction will have to play a part in developing this one.<br>
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey Tate, also could u forward me a few of the acapella´s from the mixtape.I want to pa** it on to HIPE them.Wanna see what they will cook up for the remixes.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Here are the details thusfar:

The HIPHOCALYPSE REMIX-Tape is currently going thru they necessary iterations (read: Being produced & re-produced).

It will feature production from an allstar list of producers including:
1. The Innovators - Yeah they put together the first one but this time they´ll be trying their hand at remixing the songs on the mixtape that werent produced by them...

2. Nyambz - He too was involved on the original mixtape but this time he´s remixing the tracks he didnt produce on the other one

3. D Planet - Wasnt Involved on the Original Mixtape but will be remixing some of the joints for the remix project. We´ve already heard the joints he´s remixed so far http://www.africasgateway.com/modules.php?mop=modload&name=Splatt_Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=3370&forum=12&start=280" TARGET="_blank">available here.

4. 37mph - Undoubtedly one of the hottest producers right now. Currently working on Palimpsest´s "I fell in Love with an Emcee Remix" :-o

5. Becoming Phil - Namibia´s Finest! Getting some international Flavour on there and who better than my man Phil!

6. Kruze - One of SCOTLAND´s finest producers responsible of the production of most of http://www.belles.demon.co.uk" TARGET="_blank">Belles in Monica stuff.... :-o

7. Maddstone/HIPE? - Please fill us in here...

Looking to release it in time for Christmas as a free enhancement to the upcoming Innovators DVD/VCD "Innovators World".
It will also feature new material from both Palimpsest & Blakrok...
Maybe we can get a BlakRok/BHLAKHROZE (yeah I called you out on this thread) collabo?...

Did I leave anythign out?

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey Tate, I think this idea of posting a remix thread was a good idea, if I dont say so myself.

As for the HIPEdelic remix, we´re meeting up this weekend with him and his management and all to discuss other aspects.I shall also contribute making time to discuss the remix ideas and then let HIPE take a listen to the mixtape in more detail.I´ll let him pick the tracks he´s looking to remix, then I can let u know and then u can forward me the accapella´s.How´s that sound?Lemme know cuz.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Haha! This re-mixtape is looking to be a monster. Nyambz put a thread up saying he would be done by Wednesday. We´re eager to hear the Nyambzocalypse side of things mayne. Holla!

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
yeah forget a stocking I´m gonna need me a big basket to fit all these goodies in.

I hurd more of phils versions.... the man is too talented.

What kinda dates are we looking at to start ordering the Innovators DvD?
I feel tho that  putting it onto the Innovators DvD won´t do it justice coz the Innovators ish will be the main project and the mixtape an accompliment. I want the remixes to shine like the OG did.

But if you can a**ure  me that they´ll get equal exposure then m happy.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
 8-) The Innovators World and the Re-mixtape/s will get equal exposure. In DVD thing could be seen as an enhancement for the re-mixes, because in it you get to hear/learn about the Hiphocalypse story from it´s inception, growth and present day takeover from the Sensai´s own words.
You´ll also see a glimpse of the on-ground marketing that went to push the mixtape.  :-D Hope ya´ll enjoy it.

If it was possible it would have been nice to capture the different producers in their elements cooking up the remixes and having them give us their stories.

Release date also depends on the finalization of the re-mixtape. Hope that answers your question Naturelle ;-)

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey TNG.WHat u think?Should the release of the re-mixtape be rushed?

I´m just thinking.That idea u had bout the whole filming the producers and hearing their story on the remix of the joints they did, would be a brilliant idea.They can give their insight into how they started out choosing the track, the basic ideas they had and then finally how it all came together.U know like a 5 minute snap shot type of thing.What thinketh the great TNG?

Hey Nat, regarding Phil, is he working independently as a freelance producer or something?Whats his email addy, if possible please?What is he currentlly doing.......like career-wise? :-D

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
yo madd:
Phil is wat u call a free spirit.  hehe

Musically every one this side knows him as the best. he has worked with all kindsa artists.  Ask him to mail u sum of his released/finished products.
He is trained in IT and wants to do sumin thru unisa next year.

4 more info: get at him on tshuutheni@yahoo.co.uk

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yo Madd. That would be tight. In a world where we have budgets to make it all happen. Right now, unless we get some mula to be able to go round to everyoneand film them for a day, hey I´d be game, but the logitsics don´t allow at this stage.

Mmmm, maybe The Hiphocalypse can dip into their records sales resources and make that happen.  :-] lol! just kiddin´ . Ain´t tryna start no pressure.

Maybe in the next couple of Hiphocalypse mixtapes this wuld be possible. I mean the way we´ve put all the things togther thus far has been gorilla style. First album was recorded live on radio in one take. I think even today it´s still the only hiphop album in S.A that was recorded live on radio (back in 2002).  It was the first. The only other such project was a Lucky Dube album.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Hey Naturelle, I know that msg was intended for Madd, but I´m go ahead and jack that email addy and get at Phil about something! Shot! ;-)

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey TNG, I hear u on that cuz.It would be cool to eventually do that filming thing of the producers.But later is all good.

As for Nat, thanx so much.I shall get at him.He´s got skills I must say.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

02-12-2004 at 12:51, MaddStone :
Hey TNG, I hear u on that cuz.It would be cool to eventually do that filming thing of the producers.But later is all good.

All a step at a time man. A step at a time. Hopefully this new project sparks the trend and it grows from there. Getting bigger and bigger!