Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Snoop - Drop it like its hot!!!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
What u peeps think of this song?U feeling it or not?I am still divided.Think a few more listens and then I may vibe really with it.I still Beautiful is a much better song on a whole though.Funny, Beautiful got to number 6 on Billboard, but this new one is currently number 1.Weird.

ANyways, to those that are not familiar, I think this link works:

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~jasonfan/Snoop%20Dogg%20ft.%20Pharrel%20~%20Drop%20It%20Like%20Its%20Hot.mp3" TARGET="_blank">Snoop and Pharrel - Drop it like its hot

Btw, am I one of the few that think Pharrel looks like some dude that could be the "slapgat" that always walks past your house, living in Belhar and always rolling with his overdressed buddy Nelly, who incidently is a native of Bellville South.Keep it all real, nog wans.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Some confirmation, yes the link is working so now probs right there.

Btw, speaking of links and songs, has anybody actually listened to that Natasha Bedingfield track called "These Words"?I mean, listened to how she constructed the song and the phatness of the beat.I think thats one nice beat right there.I´d luv to flow on something like that.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
i love the song - the vid is too nice. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE BOOTY ROLE IN SLOWMO? TOO CRAZY!! i love the whole college marching band feel to it too. ;-)

it´s like Flap Your Wings - purely for getting down, and it doesn´t hurt when the ladies believe that they can also Drop It Like It´s Hot or even Flap their wings. ;-)
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah, but still u think this one is catchier or better than Beautiful?

By the way, I still cant seem to vibe with that Flap ur Wings track.I dont think that beat is really good though.It seems too empty.Its missing something like the catchiness of Hot in Herre.Just my view.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
beautiful was tight, this one´s aight but catchy all the same although many have said it lacked creativity like the lumidee track oh oh.

and hot in herre was crazy because it was interactive and derrty at the same time. but i hear u man - i´m just not trying to compare the songs because i do believe that the mood has changed, back then girls was getting hot and now they are dropping it like it´s hot. 2004 The Year of the Booty Role! girls be making their a**es clap - A round of applause - THAT´S JUST CRAZY!

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
i remember when girls were spa**ing out doing the chicken head, but now it´s been modified and incorporates a little jamacain flava - it´s gonna be an a**ed-out summer, LORD HAVE MERCY! ;-)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I believe anyone who like this song, should have their right to having an opinion revoked.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
it´s good to believe in what you believe in  - believing is good, it´s not your fault that you believe what you believe. ;-)

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
the first time i heard it ,it made no major impact ,i think it kinda grows on you...then i listened to the metro saturday countdown then you can really appreciate the beat coz it breaks the monotony of the current beats out there, its somewhat  refreshing....i like it coz its different and btw hand´s  off dissin Pharell ,the brother is fine and talented no need to be a hater :-D
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I love thsi track....that beat!!!!!!!!!oohhh, drop it like its hot....yeah its gon be a nice track to dance to and have fun with, not much else.

nas-fan

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
beat iz soo simple, an yet so nice... tyt vid with those chicks... damn, lyrics sux tho...
one plus one is eleven"- me
"Natives Always Suffer- Foreigners Always Need"- me again
"being da good guy gets ya nowwhere chale"- einstein

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Ok, so I played it for other peeps and we have agreed.The song has phat ba**.Thats all.Thats not enuff to make a song any good.

I tried and realized that I dont really like this song much.Beats sounds too empty.It sounds like something I would have started off with, and decided to scrap cause I couldnt think of a cool melody or hot ba**line.

I kinda think peeps r getting lazy with production of late.cause its the really simple and silly songs that are making it big and producers are realizing this.So they just take about 5minutes to scape something together and scream, THIS IS A BANGER.Get a hot collab going and there u have it........a number 1 hit.No wonder the underground peeps cringe at the mainstream cause its so fickle man.Extremely fickle.But hey, there´s good and there´s bad.For every great mainstream song, there´s a drop it like its hot to balance things out.Not hating, just not my cup of tea.Beautiful is much more creative.

As for Mach, u like bruddas like Pharrell?Then u can have a whole helping of dudes like him.They a dime dozen in this here parts.Bunch of dudes look like him, minus the american accent. :-D

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yo Madd,
That track "Beautiful" was tight. "DRop it like it´s hot" is also quite tight. The simplicity of the beat is what makes it tight in this case. THe fact that you got that mouth thing going on instead of hi-hats, then the occasional break from monitony by that musical breakdown, then the chilled out delivery by

Snoop "yeah on my left side/that´s the crip side" e.t.c. That´s beautiful. Like someone said, when listening to a count down and that comes on, makes you realise how "nice" the change is.  

Plus what I think is the most briliant in terms of creativity is Pharrell biting Discovery Channel´s coverage of whales by doing the whale cry, listen properly most peeps don´t hear it actually says "Ssssssnnoooop" :-]  Nice!

[ This message was edited by: TNG on 04-12-2004 13:37 ]

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Ok cuz.I´ll give it another, and this time more critical listen.I respect ur view on the track and thats my main motivation to actually take a different listen to the track.

Also, gonna peep that whale cry and hit u back on that one later, if I´m able to make out what he´s saying.Also, it seems that the track gives the feel of someone spraying in the background (with that fuzziness) constantly there.Anyways, The musical break in the song is the best thing bout it for me.I was hoping that they could continue with it more in the song.Would be so tight.Anyways, will listen with fresh ears now though.But I should listen before I listen to the Zubz album.I feel what Snoop them did, will feel mediocre compared to the brilliance of Zubz.I dont think peeps will disagree too easily here.

Btw, TNG, u got contact for H2O perhaps?Someone overseas is tryna hook up with them.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Its funny i felt the same way about the production that it was way to simple,
i live by my motto of simplicity is key, within music but it does have a way it grows on you...

oh by the way thats the new trend thats coming out of have having real simple beats, Nas got a new track out with the my addidas a sample from RUN DMC, same kinda shit real simple....

we´ll see we this one goes... its sounds like people miss the OLD SKOOL! ha.

get  @ me www.unreleasedrecords.com