Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Yfm Sprite Rap Activity

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Any1 remember the days when Rudeboy Paul and Oskido would rock up every Wednesday @ 7pm, joined by a whole bunch of emceez???

Some were good, a lot were ait, some were really bad. The memories which stick out are:

Devious aka MegaD: this kid was ill with the flow, wonder where he's @ now.

The battle btwn Skwatta and Asylum Trybe: this wuz real fun to listen to. I think Pro-Kid wuz once a member of Asylum...anyone remember these lines of his?:

"...spit them with the rhythm that'll *spit* them when i get 'em/ spit em with the rhythm and get rid of Satanism/ inside your body/ i rock your central nervous system....?

born

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yeah, i do remember the great days of rap activity. i remember i was in high school back in limpopo with my boy R.A.B.E and i used to listen to that tightness on yfm via cable every wednesday, religiously. i remember the skwatta-asylum batttle. some kid said " I overflow and flood the skwatta kamps" and i think flabba said " you need to return to school like your father to booze".

but my favorite kid on the whole rap activity sessions was that kid gorgeous flesh [/b]. yo, that kid was too ill and he once got himself suspended for foul language. does anyone no where he is?, and i remember the first time i had skwatta, it was a track called h20, mad nice. i also remember that i was feeling hoodlum's album or e-p, cant actually remember, there was this love track they played on rap activity, hoodlum if you reading this, i need that tightness, it was of the shizzi.

so many crews and emcees, some i forgot but here are some i remeber:

skwatta kamp
Monk Society ( i think conscious and hoodlum were part of them)
Hypergenics
asylum trybe (yeah pro-kid was with them and he was the only ill kid in that whole crew)
B.M.P
Zubz (the first time i had that track from the rage comp,  i thought he was from states)
OPTical

So many other crews from orange farm, khathlehong and pretoria, just forgot them, its been a while now.
people see what they want to see. out of a ma** of detailed information, they tend to pick out those facts that confirm their prior perceptions and to disregard those facts that bring their perceptions into question" -someone

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Dude, you DID listen!!

Gorgeous Flash/Flesh... i do remember him, but always thot he was all talk and no skill of course, cudn't get thru him...

Yeah, didn't like the Zubz trk. when i first heard it... "Family of One". Ironically, it's now one of my all-time fav hip-hop trax.

Also remember Hoodlum's trax, partly becuz i still got em somewhere. Listened via cable, so i recorded everything onto video tape :D

Optical Ill's "The mic"...wow!!

Also got clips of Skwatta Kamp interviews when they were still on dat whole independent tip. Funny how shit changes :?

Monk Society, yeah, where i first heard Conscious...ill!!!

born

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
yo those days were tight, but we have to progress, need to get to a point where the ma**es start digesting the material, not necessarily by compromising the music but by making it more relevant to our everyday life and surroundings. i knew gorgeous flesh was on some hypeness but what really made him ill to me was his attitude and how he pulled off the whole american accent thing, 'twas super. Remember he did that collabo with pitch black afro, before S2kza got signed. and rasheed, i remember he did that soccer- hop hop concept track, that was tight, i think it was on that "tombs of wombs" album or is it "wombs of tombs", cant really remember.
people see what they want to see. out of a ma** of detailed information, they tend to pick out those facts that confirm their prior perceptions and to disregard those facts that bring their perceptions into question" -someone

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
True dat!!!

First time i hear Pitch Blk, thot it was a group. And what's always stuck when i hear his shit, is dat he DOES sound a lot like Busta Rhymes..

Yeah, Rapper Rashid, he had something in him. The flow wasn't really tite, but i enjoyed listening to him
 :lol:

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
lol

where is Khoi?
ABAC - A change gon come!

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
any1 remember sticks and his crew from tembisa those kids would get there str8 after school in their uniforms,wait around all day and bust some wicked ish.

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Nat were you staying in Jhb during those days?
ABAC - A change gon come!

born

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i remember some kid once came and performed a track he had done called "the base", and he was scratching that phrase over the chorus, anyone listened that night, that was the tightest track performance on someone else's beat i had ever had in my life, kid was on point wit the flow and rhyme patterns.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Remember Omen & SpikeD(think that was the name of his sidekick) back in those days?
Remember two guys rapping in vernac who later did a song called Mama wami with Oscar? Pity they never released their own album.
Mizchief was hot those days - used to have a slot on that show. Around 1998 & 1999. Good ol' days.
There were too manyt crews from Tembisa & they had a good reputation.

There was that funny jingle about the show done by a certain magogo"lento eniyivotelayo ngumbhedo"