• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
where the hell do these house dj get off trying 2
state what hiphop should b?
ma-ffuakaz yappin they trap...on how we should grow-up
n than suite wearin bitch sayin we look like hobo's
in our hiphop street army gear....

I IZ PISSED WIT PPL ALWAYS
TRYIN TO DICTATE WHAT HIPHOP SHOULD B...
COZ HIPHOP IZ...NA-MEAN!!!
N PPL WHO DONT OVERSTAND WHAT WE DO SHOULD JUS SHUT-UP
IF I DO A DISS TRK...THEN I DO A DISS TRK.
IAM NOT GONNA SAY 2 MAY SELF
OOOO FRESH SAID WE SHOULD GROW UP N SELWYN TOO....
f*** THEM. THIS ISH IS EXPRESSION.
AN IF I WANNA SAY BITCH ILL SAY BITCH

YEAH WHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
 :P  :P

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Wait a minute, isn't that what the headz are doin' as well? Pple seem to wanna dictate how "real hip-hop" should be, but every element in the so-called "unreal" hip-hop contributes to the fabric of hip-hop as a whole

JUST A THOT! :?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Would I be wrong in saying selwyn is a talentless attention seeking, no rhyme having,cant frestyle to save my life, wannabe wack emcee?  :twisted:

That not good enough for ya?

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
tru dat BIZ....
uc what really pisses me off is when...
it gets to apoint where everybody is this drone..
blievin shit that aint shit...
n heads no i dont say what u should sound like

i jus expose ur flauws....

dictating as in...
he must have that proverb feel to his track..
he must flow like tummi
mus make music 4 the idiots that is the buyers who
jus want to loose it.........
man f*** they laws....

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
wont go as fat as to say talentless...he is really a dope MC what he however is not is a smart motherf***er...The attitude he and his boys have is really f***ed...one some turn theyselves aganist heads, i am one of the few people that bought his album but at the rate at which he is going that litttle support base he has will drop him and tell him the truth that he is a has been who did not shine in his prime and wants to front like he been holding hip hop down since..motherf***er "Grew" out of hip hop..and why is he back again???..i could say this which is the truth..but i wont...its all good.

There is a few tracks in his album that make my blood boil where he clearly goes about it the wrong..etc anyway..his attention seeking stunts are juvinile and undermine the genral hip hop populuses intelligence and thats annoying

NO ONE OUTDISE HIP HOP CIRLES HAS ANY OPINION ABOUT HIP HOP THAT I REMOTLEY LISTEN TO, IF YOU NOT DOWN f*** OFF AND TELL A TREE WHAT YOU THINK, DONT TELL ME THE REASON HIP HOP IS NOT PROGRESSING IS BECUASE WE DONT APPEAL TO THE GENERAL POPULATION THE REASON YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CHANGE IT TO SUIT YOU MEANS IT IS PROGRESSING AND YOU WANT US TO LOWER OUR STANDARD AND ALLOW YOU TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON..ITS EXCLUSIVE ITS NOT OXYGEN OR FOR EVERYONE.

I hate these motherf***er with a nerve to keep adjusting hip hop to make room for cats like pitch black afro to be grouped as heads like pro-kid..cummon they far from beeing remotley close..blah blah blha

DO YOU AND I WILL DO ME...

yeah !
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
wont go as fat as to say talentless...he is really a dope MC what he however is not is a smart motherf***er...The attitude he and his boys have is really f***ed...one some turn theyselves aganist heads, i am one of the few people that bought his album but at the rate at which he is going that litttle support base he has will drop him and tell him the truth that he is a has been who did not shine in his prime and wants to front like he been holding hip hop down since..motherf***er "Grew" out of hip hop..and why is he back again???..i could say this which is the truth..but i wont...its all good.

There is a few tracks in his album that make my blood boil where he clearly goes about it the wrong..etc anyway..his attention seeking stunts are juvinile and undermine the genral hip hop populuses intelligence and thats annoying

NO ONE OUTDISE HIP HOP CIRLES HAS ANY OPINION ABOUT HIP HOP THAT I REMOTLEY LISTEN TO, IF YOU NOT DOWN f*** OFF AND TELL A TREE WHAT YOU THINK, DONT TELL ME THE REASON HIP HOP IS NOT PROGRESSING IS BECUASE WE DONT APPEAL TO THE GENERAL POPULATION THE REASON YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CHANGE IT TO SUIT YOU MEANS IT IS PROGRESSING AND YOU WANT US TO LOWER OUR STANDARD AND ALLOW YOU TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON..ITS EXCLUSIVE ITS NOT OXYGEN OR FOR EVERYONE.

I hate these motherf***er with a nerve to keep adjusting hip hop to make room for cats like pitch black afro to be grouped as heads like pro-kid..cummon they far from beeing remotley close..blah blah blha

DO YOU AND I WILL DO ME...

yeah !

word brick its bullshit that these so called powers that allow all these gimmicks to weasel their way into hiphop like they did, Thats why i turn my back on these vernac spitters nowadays

That not good enough for ya?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I'll agree that Selwyn is wack but I cud hav told you that two years ago, but hip hop is supposed to change, its changed everyday since it was born.
 What the f*** do you want :?: must every f***ing person just spit one way, only doing New York breaks wit a New York accent :?:
If that opinion had won out internationally, then we wouldn't have french hip hop, Japanese hip hop, Ghanain hip hop, Senegalese Hiphop, Nigerian, Kenyan, Arabic, or anything else.
Just cos you cant spit tite in vernac and you dont know anyone who can, onkly means you cant spit in vernac and that you dont know shit about spittin in vernac. in Afrikaans, Sesotho, Xhosa and Zulu I have heard mad emcees.
And till we as South Africans, finally catch a f***ing wake up anfd learn to finally infuse our own culture into hip hop, we just gon be copies, we neva gon do US hip hop as well as the US. Too many naaiers are still tryin too hard to be f***ing American, if you spit in english, fine but I take issue if you feel other peeps shudnt spit in the tongue they are comfortable in.

The reason that most of the vernacular hip hop released these days is wack, is that pretty much every SouthAfrican hip hop album on general release in the last 3 years is shit, with the exception for a few shining lights, like Zubz, Tumi and The Volume and from what I've heard, Proverb. mind you I quite like H2O, so what if they did kwaito b4? evrybody's path to hip hop is different.
As far as exclusivity goes, the only people who want hip hop to be exclusive are those who dont do it for a living. you want it to stay exculsive, then donate money to the peeps you want to stay underground so they can afford to send their kids to a good school.
Whats insulting to intelligence is the notion that hip hop is as it should be now, who the f*** decided that?
It has to change or it will die, letting it stagnate so far up its own a** is never going to change the general populace's minds.
Ras Ka** sed it in an interview sumwer on this site, that you cant have gotten a teaching degree and then go teach  your first std.5 cla** the physics you did at varsity, you gotta start at a level they can grasp and raise them slowly.
Small minded people will be the death of this art, I despair.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
*nastie_ed crosses arms and raises head in b-boy stance

"word."

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "childakapoet"
where the hell do these house dj get off trying 2
state what hiphop should b?
ma-ffuakaz yappin they trap...on how we should grow-up
n than suite wearin bitch sayin we look like hobo's
in our hiphop street army gear....

I IZ PISSED WIT PPL ALWAYS
TRYIN TO DICTATE WHAT HIPHOP SHOULD B...
COZ HIPHOP IZ...NA-MEAN!!!
N PPL WHO DONT OVERSTAND WHAT WE DO SHOULD JUS SHUT-UP
IF I DO A DISS TRK...THEN I DO A DISS TRK.
IAM NOT GONNA SAY 2 MAY SELF
OOOO FRESH SAID WE SHOULD GROW UP N SELWYN TOO....
f*** THEM. THIS ISH IS EXPRESSION.
AN IF I WANNA SAY BITCH ILL SAY BITCH

YEAH WHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
 :P  :P

:lol:
ABAC - A change gon come!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I respect your point of view its just that i am of a different point of view so read my response with an open mind it is in no way intended to crush what you belive, dictate my point or change you point of view..just to show you that others are as pa**ionate about it as you are but from a different school of thought..Peace

Quote from: "syntactic"

I'll agree that Selwyn is wack but I cud hav told you that two years ago, but hip hop is supposed to change, its changed everyday since it was born.

Selwyn Is the only MC who spits "Venec" Hip Hop proper he raps in a South African Way talks about South African Things So weather you think he is wack or not is besides the point.. he is doing this "South African" Hip Hop that you feel strongly about having

What the f*** do you want :?: must every f***ing person just spit one way, only doing New York breaks wit a New York accent :?:
If that opinion had won out internationally, then we wouldn't have french hip hop, Japanese hip hop, Ghanain hip hop, Senegalese Hiphop, Nigerian, Kenyan, Arabic, or anything else.

If you rap in a South African Accent about South African Things that is South African Hip Hop..i mean accent bullshit Aside if you are in South Africa and doing Hip Hop you are doing South African Hip..its really simple

Just cos you cant spit tite in vernac and you dont know anyone who can, onkly means you cant spit in vernac and that you dont know shit about spittin in vernac. in Afrikaans, Sesotho, Xhosa and Zulu I have heard mad emcees.

Writting scripts in English then translating them into Venec is not exactly rapping in venec you just replacing English words into Zulu..thats what this having to rap in Venec has lead people to do.change the meaning behind they music...most MCs can rap in Venec...we just dont want to..simple ..if you gonna rap in Venec think and write in Venec

And till we as South Africans, finally catch a f***ing wake up anfd learn to finally infuse our own culture into hip hop, we just gon be copies, we neva gon do US hip hop as well as the US. Too many naaiers are still tryin too hard to be f***ing American, if you spit in english, fine but I take issue if you feel other peeps shudnt spit in the tongue they are comfortable in.

If You Rap In A South African Accent...about South Africa things you have infused our own culture

As far as exclusivity goes, the only people who want hip hop to be exclusive are those who dont do it for a living.

As an offering..product..thinking exclusivity is dumb and no MC does not want as many people to hear they shit thats just plain dumb...The Art form by design is exclusive..not everyone can or even wants to be a head..Hip Hop Muisc Made By Hip Hop People for Hip Hop product Consumers! sounds pretty exclusive to me

Small minded people will be the death of this art, I despair.
The Art Cant Die..it will grow out of control..in a path its choses and those part of it wish..so it grows everyday..thats what has been happing for a long time

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Hm! Interesting points of view. I myself can rap in Sesotho, and i do it everytime i feel like. I'd rap in French, German, Zulu,etc..if i knew them languages. And actually, i believe that i'd make it sound interesting.  8)

Hip-hop is for the mind to interpret, which is why pple have so many different views on how it should be. :roll:
Kinda like Rastafarism, no organized set of principles/doctrines to govern it...

What i do hate, however, is when pple try to stray off hip-hop, and do shit that contains "a bit of everything"...WTF :evil:

Hip-hop is so broad, and anything can fit into a hip-hop beat. Wat i got beef with, is that some "rappers" don't do hip-hop @ all, just using it as some cover to penetrate a market that is so quick to label this fukkin' artform as "South African hip-hop", "European hip-hop", etc..

God fukkin damnit  :evil: , I'm outta wordz