Blak Kurrent

• your name is your slogan, your face is your logo
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
  • what doesn't kill, will miss my death tomorrow
    • View Profile
im feeling those tracks, uuumm.... "Nomadsland", "Darkstar" and "Deaducation"

Tru's got niceness and i like the beats on those tracks
All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.

Khalil Gibran

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

born

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
finally got my copy today........................., a collection of brilliant beats, but more dissapointing than proverb project, still believe somebody kuffed with this project cause i know this kid should have put out a better project interms of an album, it lacks direction as D said it, sounds like a compilation than a written album with a certain theme/concept woven around it, but anyway, there are some really beautiful stuff there, much respect to dome, nice beats right there, don know why he underrated, boy needs to work with more people; Dplanet, Amu, Hoodlum, Nyambz, nice ones right there.

That they fell track...., gotta give props to AMU for that one, ya'll can't hate now.

(10-1)/(10), jus for ze lack of a coherence.

niceness
people see what they want to see. out of a ma** of detailed information, they tend to pick out those facts that confirm their prior perceptions and to disregard those facts that bring their perceptions into question" -someone

born

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I is an idiot for forgettin to give props to Omen, actually bumping track 15 now, on dat krs-one, stepping into my world tip, niceness
people see what they want to see. out of a ma** of detailed information, they tend to pick out those facts that confirm their prior perceptions and to disregard those facts that bring their perceptions into question" -someone

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
thanks Mach =)

that track you are talking about is called 'Nomadsland'

you can hear Tru's version here: http://www.trusenz.com/tracks/Trusenz_Nomadsland(Ft_VIP).mp3

Syd is working with lots of different producers. I'm not sure how many of my tracks will make the final cut,,, just like with pro kid.

with a name like machiavella you are bound to be looking for conspiracies! =)

:lol:  :lol: i like this version better...about the conspiracy thing ,i find that all i  need to do is connect the dots not create them ,the truth is out there...anyway

yo Dplanet what 's up with u and sirens brother? haven't heard much of your work but what i've been exposed to has the siren sound,what up with that  :D
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
haha,,, i do have a bit of siren fetish,,, but, of the hundreds of beats i've made, only maybe 2 or 3 have sirens in them :)

(ok, maybe 4)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Man too much new music arriving this week . Aint complaining though heres my thoughts using the same scale I used to rate the other Pro Album:

Artwork/ Packaging 3/10 Possibly the worst cover I seen all year

Beats 7/10 Seems like he access to all the major "beat makers" in the industry.. though couple of questionable selections

Conceptualization (is there a well thought out theme running thru the album) 7/10. A variety of different themes kinda jumping around

Coherancy (ie sequencing of Album, themes & beats etc) 5/10 I met PRO in Newtown early last year & he was upset that Gallo was sending him back to the lab so there were clearly too many fingers in the pot when making this album..I agree it could have been more coherant but difficult given that he was working with so many different talents.. I get the feeling of being in a busy Johannesburg taxi rank when I listen to this album..

Diversity (ie switching up the flow/ subject matter & beats etc to not be monotonous maybe a little contradictory to the above) 7/10..coupla songs sound similar but PRO probably one of the best bi-lingual rappers out now.

Introspect (this is very NB for me when I hear an artist's debut album..its inportant to get to know the artist) 7/10 really get a sense of Jozi livin in general & a bit about the artist PROkid..

Social Relevance (ie is it representative of the current society Pro is rhyming from?) 8/10 A credible emcee rapping from within the issues..  

Mixing/Mastering/ Sound Quality 7/10 this D Planet & em did a good job but a coupla the vocals of the singers sounded a bit louder than emcee vocals..

Grow on me factor/ Repeat play potential 7/10 I'm sure hearing it on Y a coupla times will propagand it into my head!

Value for money 6/10..Personally I believe a lot of the CD cost goes to things other than the actual music so whil the music is great the packaging lets me down a bit as previously stated.//kinda makes be feel I shoulda just designed my own packaging & burnt it to CDR..

Total 71%

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Question @ Nyambz..
What is that sped up sample on the Prokid song "Lets wait a While"?
I'm infected & the only way to cure me is by telling me what the sample is!

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I am not even going to front I agree with born, that amu beat is madd nice, i mean hell his rhymes are not my type of alcohol but his beats and samples are always nice. another nice amu beat is that one on the hype 2 compilation, that lasting treasure track, beat is madd intoxicating!!for real but on lyrics amu should wash his a** coz real cats f*** him 4 real
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
nice album..cat got mad energy would not mind seeing dude perfom

Wozobona... dope beat is on serious level shit..i fukk with this even though i can't stand a lick of damn thing. Soweto was dope too i love the hook and i'm sucker for trumpets

Extraodinary...nice, Lets wait a while....nice as hell i though syd was aiight and nyambz came thru as usual,

of the two PRO's ...Verbs project was nicer. KID's beats was all over the place..
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

TATEguru

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphocalypse.co.nr
Yeah man glad you feeling the joints...

Quote from: "Msanii_XL"
nice album..cat got mad energy would not mind seeing dude perfom

Speaking of seeing him Perform I saw him perform this Thursday at Monaco (a predominantly House & Hip Hop club)..Dude seemed to just be going thru the motions! On top of that he made us wait til 2am & then only performed 3 yes THREE tracks (you can guess which 3)..WHAT BULLSHIT... Then on top of that there was some Kwaito amateur supporting acts!

Kinda makes you wonder where they are trying to position PROkid in the SA Marketplace.. :?
r Hyde to your Dr Jekyl

TATEguru

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
here is a link to the video of the performance refered to above..

Prokid performing at Monaco in Rivonia
r Hyde to your Dr Jekyl

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
this kid is the Mzansi 's no:1 punchliner
D is killin those beats(no mans land)
all the King-Beatmaker produced tracks are hot..infact the whole album is hot

"This is a track where you shut the fcuk up, keep your ears and your eyes wide open.  You might learn something, and try to keep your head down cos what you have, could be taken within a second and you won't know what happened. So stay close with your weapons and let me do the rapping."no mans land.

"how can u pursue big dreams with all that grief in yo heart"P.R.O.k.i.d
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

TATEguru

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Did anyone actually download that video above?
r Hyde to your Dr Jekyl

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, i downloaded all 17Mb of it.

sound is a bit crazy,,, can't work out which track it is. sounds like a bashment in london :)