Africasgateway.com

Hip Hop Connected

Dpleezy · 50 · 8511

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dokter"

That was the first session up until the break and I couldn't stay for the whole event, so i don't know what happened afterwards. But it was good to go even just to network...

you did well 2 leave when u did shit got a bit out of hand discussion took a tangent on some: why outsiders always gotta come around and put us on? and the same old issues holding CT hiphop back daylighted w/ coloureds on 1 side n darkies on da otha...

overall i think it was a gud initiative tho jus wondering if cats will actually heed da opportunity: artscape offering heads venue and resources... let's see what happens
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK

Dokter

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Ja, would like to see how Artscape goes about the "free-for-all" use of venue and resources too - could really be a good thing if they keep their word...

I kinda thought it would go off on a tangent, didn't wanna sound all negative by saying it outright though, cos the intention was there - needs structure though...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
so what was the US connection?

were there any action points? how was it left?

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
stacy got lil sci on da phone which didn work out too well- bad connection... but what they're tryna organise is some sort of channel betw the independent hiphop movt here and those in other parts of the world. they're talkn abt even arranging exchange programmes for artists to get e'thing properly integrated... it's all jus talk right now but i'm glad it's at least happening cos at the end of the day when lil opportunities lyk this pop up there are those (albeit just a handful) who'll hop on them and try makin s'thing happen unahmeans jus las month here audiovisual was sharing a stage with immortal technique in london cos they took advantage of 1 such opportunity... it's lookn very promising from where i'm standn yo but i always been a dreamer... who knows :?
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
heh,,, keep the dream alive :)

you coming over?