Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Fade to Black

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i watched this DVD over the weekend and it was awesome,i don't know when it came out but a friend told me about it ,so now i'm spreading the word.

it costs less than a price of  a hip hop cd,i think around R 170 at musica.

its about the process Jayzee went through to get beats for his black album and his Madison square garden sold out concert.Timberland, Pharrel and Kanye west are there,and my favourite scene is when Slick Rick put on his medalion bling on Pretty Toney before he performed at the concert.R Kelly,Beyonce',Mary J,Foxy Brown,Missy ,Twista are some of the perfomers who shared the stage with Jigga.

I'm not a Jigga fan but i've got much respect for him from watching the DVD...how he doesnt write his rhymes ,he keeps them in his head...he has such a phenomenal memory ....much impressed ,i could see why Beyonce' fell for him :wink:

i also gained an understanding of the whole album creation process, its an interesting DVD,a genuine value for money...it has common,Qtip ...just about everyone who counts in hip hop...they honoured him with an awesome send off...
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Thanks for this Mach. 8)  definately gonna check it out. Now if only pay day was tomorrow. :?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Yeah, Jigga is really something else when u hear others speak of his stylings in the studio.Which is truly commendable.I wonder if anyone has that DVD cause I'm not one for DVD's as I dont own a player, but I'd like to see if it really tickles my fancy.I hear a lot of good bout it.Weird how Jigga never really ventured into acting as many of the rappers have done so far.......very interesting.He'd never miss a line and he'd be able to help his co-stars as well with their lines off the top of the dome.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
talking about rappers in movies,just saw a movie called "CRASH" which has Ludacris in it,i don't know if he's acted before but he is brilliant in this one,i even forgot for a minute that he was Luda the MC.it's a definite for any Luda fan...the only hussle is that in south africa it is shown as an art film,which means you can see it at the ster-nouveau theatres...which means a lot of people won't get to see it ...

and there's another film being promoted ,i've seen posters,its premiers this friday...name slips me ...it has Nelly making his acting debut,i know Chris Rock and Adam Sandler are in the film as well...

maybe we should do a top 10 best  MC actors and their films,i can't even come up with 10 but here it goes:

1.Snoop Dogg-Training Day
2.Ludacris-Crash
3.Ice Cube-XXX3
4.LL Cool J-Any given sunday
5.X-Zbit -XXX3
6.Mos Def-Brown Suga
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
for your moneys worth stay away from that nelly and chris rock shit..its not good.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I think some peeps around the way have seen that "The Longest Yard" of Chris Rock & Adam Sandler and say its actually good.Funny though.Its a remake of the original with Burt Reynolds in the Adam Sandler role.

As for Crash, Don Cheedle's the main actor in there.I hear its really good.Dont be fooled ppl by another movie called Crash which is currently on video and came on etv already.Not the same one at all. :lol: Big difference.

As for best emcee actors, I'd put 2Pac in there with "Juice", "Gridlock'd" & "Gang Related".Different characters in all 3, and in "Juice" his fav role ever.I liked him in the latter 2 even more.But its all good.

I'd put him first, then Cube, then LL Cool J and the other can fall in at random.Will Smith is now more actor........so we cant really put him in here anymore.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
finally got my hands on this dvd & watched it on sat... thoroughly entertaining!
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "machiavella"
i....much impressed ,i could see why Beyonce' fell for him :wink: ...

Somthing tells me it wasnt just the memory (no homo) :twisted:

@ Mach have you managed to hook up with GP's latest AG resident Miss Bhlakhroze yet? I think you 2 could get on like a house on fire. :P