TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "syntactic"
.... and as such I know he thinks that much of the time I'm an arrogant shallow prick.

CO-SIGN THAT! :evil:

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
i never denied it motherf***er, and the ladies love me for it 8)
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
:lol: Wow, out of all that that Syn ran down, Tate, u just found that line appealing? :lol: U boys are too funny for words when it comes to the trivial beefs of the century.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
It's all about intelligence madd, some of us have it some of us don't.
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

Hipe

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hiperdelic
:evil:  :evil: It was the swakest indaba eva!
I was @ the Mc Battles the Friday night.
I dont know what the Dj's were doing. I felt the turntables were a bit embarra**ed.Dont even wanna speak bout the Mc's.

The INDABA needed Help!

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Thank Goodness, saved myself some cash and gots me a well deserved sleep, to think i was gon try coerce my friends into accompanying me, so they see hip hop in "africa" showcased, i would have probably been embarra**ed to death, how this things work out well, hehe

Hopefully next year will be tighter

Hipe

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hiperdelic

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
"...And Mrs Roze... Get off your Apartheid-stained a** and recognise the general meaning of the word "African". I agree with the sound, It was bad last year too. They put everything together last minute it seems. Maybe what they need is a comittee and a point of focus... But that's just what i think, prove me wrong..."

mulmens. its a personal opinion. i am not the final authority on anything. and as such have never claimed to be. i paid money. i had a friend come all the way to see this. and we didnt like it. the intention here is not to politicise the matter more than just to say guys we could more. theres nothing wrong with that. infact progress requires it.

you are indulging yourself by getting personal and calling out names about what i should and shouldnt do regarding my heritage and my past (of which you have absolutely no right and power over mind you). you dont know enough about me to know what my political convictions are. and you need to respect that. i honour your take on things. just observe your space though jo.
but this is a discussion we would well have in person my friend. i think that the fear that surrounds the problems that face this city. this province stands in the way of our resolving anything really. and babes. they do exist. its not me. its out there. in public space. look around you. ask people. there cannot be so much smoke. and not the slightest indication of fire.
its more constructive to just be like so what do we do rather. dont you think. than to keep fighting it. going around in dodgy cirlces. wasting time.

i just think you need to be a little bit more careful how you approach this whole apartheid thing though hey. seriously. you are talking about peoples lives. fortunately (an awareness of ones past tends to shape who you are mos and informs how you create the future) or unfortunately. it will always matter.
case in point. look at the holocaust.

but anyway. im here. youre here. im down to break it down. i am always. always for better understanding.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote from: "BHLAKHROZE"
AFRICAN HIP HOP INDABA is a huge claim. its a huge title. after friday. i think we're trying to figure out what it means...

HOW MANY PEOPLE ATTEND THE HH INDABA?
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
ok ladies and bitches.

Seeing as how I'm the smartest, prettiest most bigdiculous person ever to join the site, I think its only right that I give my opinion on the matter.

I wasn't there, but I was planning to go, fortunately for me all my friends cancelled and some prick drove into the back of my car and wrote it off, so I was spared the agony of a 10 hour drive to Kaapstad just to be dissapointed by the show.

THe problem is that we are all to blame for being lazy good for nothing pricks. Instead of all trying to contribute to the effort, knowing that the guys from BLack Noise are putting the whole thing together by themselves, we all just lay back and criticise. I knew for a few months in advance what was up with the regionals and since me and my crew have handled it in the past, I a**ume Emile and them thought we'll be doing it again. We knew we should get in contact with them but never did. that meant that no Bloem rgionals were held and no bloem crews bothered going down. I'm sure this happened elsewhere also.

The Cape Town folks have no excuse for not supporting the event so blow me. Rhoze, you do MC if I'm not mistaken? Why weren't you participating then? Instead of blaiming the organisers for a shitty event, think of how you can help improve and get in contact with them. That's how we got on a few years ago.

As for the fact that its a totally Cape town based event, well I've always had beef with that. OK most of the heads we know are based in the cape, but I think we should consider having the finals be held in a different Town ever year. This would help expose more people to hip hop and would also get sponsors from other cities involved, because I know that there are people from over here and in Jo'burg that would love to sponsor such an event, but have nothing to gain fromi if its in Cape TOwn.

Ok that's just my two cents. If you like it cool, if you dont, its probably because you're stupid.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I don't think we were there for longer than 20 minutes.

The indaba needs help like some one said earlier. Yes its a ma**ive event to pull off but it can be done and its glory can be restored.
 The organisers need to take a more holistic approach and involve more people.
Mailing lists work wonders, unconvential and cheap marketing techniques shud be tapped into.
Sponsors can be approached and if they don't wanna give cash then you get them to render a service thats part of their day to day activities. For example MTN, Vodacom or Cell C for BULK SMS packages.
Corporates are always out to be seen to be contributing, they will do anything if they can see ways they'll benefit.
If i can shake off my depression, procrastination and  insecurity maybe i'll try to get involved when i move to CT in Dec.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Nat, u moving to CT?How come?U not liking the Windcorner now more or the cozy nook that is Viet (aka Nam)?.

As for the suggestions that ppl laid out.........many sound feasible and perhaps some of them should be presented to Emile and co and see if something can be done to make next year's one a memorable one. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac