Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
nice to hear ya'll had a great time

personally wouldnt pay R250(8O!?) for a Busta Rhymes concert. Never was a big fan.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
U know, cant say that I heard it..........or maybe I did hear it but it was ages ago when I didnt really care much bout who did what track.I was just into the vibe of it all.Or maybe I was listening to my Jazzy Jeff & fresh prince at that moment......... :lol: Honestly, cant recall the melody man.Got snippets?
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
here we go yo, here we go yo, so what, so what, so whats the scenario.
I'm mad pissed off, someone nabbed my quadruple lp tribe anthology on wax. n it was my favourite item in ma collection.

anyway, got a question/ rumour to confirm.

'the ummah' made most of the beats for tribe right.
Now, I was scoping out some single cover... dont remember what it was - could have been a tribe track, or maybe it was off some compilation...
anyway, in the credits it read: 'jay "the ummah" dee',

can someone confirm this? Is the ummah jay dee?
I mean, who did jay dee produce for before slum village?
And what happened to the ummah since tribe?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I didnt know one person could be an "ummah".That's a first, unless Jay is using from the perspective of multiple characters of personalities.........or he's just freaking crazy. :lol: Lets see........maybe Syn can help us out on this one.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
"Produced by The Ummah, which consists of the Tribe's Q-Tip and Ali Shaheed Muhammad along with newcomer Jay Dee,"

anyway...found this....

interesting.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Wish I was there.
Still have never seen Trevor in concert think every hip hop fan need to se this + THe Roots & KRS ONE put on live shows.

On Scenario I agreee isht was probably THE best Party Track ever & that is largely attributed to Busta's verse
"Rau Rau ...Like the dungeon dragon!!!"
Man I miss them posse tracks!

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
In terms of energy and stage show, Busta is rated as 1 of the top 10 hiphop performers in the world. If you see his stage show it speaks for itself

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
SHHEEEEEETTTT!!!!!! I'm sorry Madd I didn't know you were unaware of Whats the Scenario, I used to have the original on wax but I still got the Remix on CD, I'll hook you up.....no sweat..

Man I'm pissed off like you wouldna bliev, Busta Bust I s one guy I would murder to see on stage.... having a f***ing job and committments is a bastard sumtimes I tell you.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Supafly

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://
As noted above, The Ummah consisted of Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Jay Dee. As far as I can tell, their first production work was on Tribe's Beats, Rhymes & Life.

Rumours are a mofo, though. I've heard that most of the beats credited to the Ummah were largely/exclusively produced by Jay Dee. This makes sense when you compare those beats to the style of production on Slum Village's Volume 2.

Also, if you're looking for other early beats by Jay Dee, you should check out Mad Skillz's From Where?, The Pharcyde's Labcabincalifornia, Keith Murray's Enigma, and various Busta's debut. Dilla also did a remix for Janet Jackson's Got Till It's Gone - and it's rumored that he produced the original, even though the credit went to Jam and Lewis.

Dilla's work runs deep.

Supa!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
How old is the good Dr Dilla now?I was wondering how him and Qtip linked up and it makes perfect sense.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
f*** what u heard.. This shit was off the meat-rack.!! Eve and Busta especially did it for me. Spliff Star killed me the most though with his solo track ...'U get Shot.. Jabbed.. stabbed..stomped!!!' You could tell by his freestyle that he's a pretty raw dude.Imma say it again.. Whoever didnt get to see this missed out MAJOR. I felt like a twat when 'Scenario' came on and me and my older bro were the only dudes in the golden circle jumpind around like lunatics. It was my bitrhday that day as well and it was the dopest present to see that shit. Even lost my voice and only came back to work today. Eve is hot. So what if she was a stripper b4... and her legs were oiled just like in that Amerie vid. DAAAMN!!!

So there I am at the front with all these Pure Monate dudes and KB comes on. Joey Razdies cracks me the f*** up cause he's like.. 'Yo check her camel-toe'... Shiiit I killed myself. The 'Cleaveland' made up for it though.
I've seen El-P, The Roots, BEP, Cyress Hill, Talib, De La Soul and all that... but ditto to whoever said Busta knocked them out the box. ... Hows that excercise shit.... 'Put your headphones on.... wait... then...jog...'
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "emceeKasualT"
I felt like a twat when 'Scenario' came on and me and my older bro were the only dudes in the golden circle jumpind around like lunatics. It was my bitrhday that day as well and it was the dopest present to see that shit. Even lost my voice and only came back to work today.

Yeah Hip Hop "heads" need to stop being 'too cool to Mosh' on some "ni99a gon scuff my tims b.s! :x
I'm like PHUK DAT I'll Mosh a shortie into the fence! I hate when damn groupies be in the front not knowing the words or any of the cla**ics taking away from the energy of a gig!

Dudes need to make like the Rock cats I saw st the Nine Inch Nails gig & Mosh til these damn groupies pa** the PHUK OUT!

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Some chicks who stood next 2 my crew didn't get the whole Scenario thing, like it was the wackest song in Busta's set, some dude rocking a blonde beard must've been irritated cause the only time I kept quiet was when Busta did that stupid a** Whisper Song (God, I hate that shit) funny thing is, most people were feeling it. Speaking of Scenario:

http://rapidshare.de/files/4814635/A_Tribe_Called_Quest_-_05_-_Scenario.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4814852/A_Tribe_Called_Quest_-_01_-_Scenario__Remix_.mp3.html

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Sounds like it was really tight.

@ KasualT, Happy belated Birthday.Hope u had a good week since then as well. :wink:

As for that Whipser song, yeah, I think its pretty weak myself.But ya, just ba** and nothing else.

I notice that I am gonna have to sidestep Rapidshare myself as its just not working for me in terms of downloading, which really sucks now.Think yousentit and megaupload are superior.Will have to get at them.If this scenario track could be loaded on the other type services, it would be greatly appreciated.Thank u, though, for the upload onto rapidshare.Its the thought that counts, even though rapidshare doesnt want any sentimentality in any way. :lol: