Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

2PAC Anniversary 2day!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
So today is the anniversary of the 9th year since 2Pac's pa**ing on this very day.Its hectic to think about it.It doesnt even seem so long ago........but its 9 years already and we still havent seen another like him.

Watching that program of him last nite on SABC 1, it was really something else.I've seen it before in 2002, when it came out, but seeing it again, just brings back the flash backs of this man's brilliance and his undeniable impact in music and pop-culture in general.I mean, he was only 25 when he pa**ed on.How many of us can truly say we've made our impact already, the way he did.I mean, many of us are past that age or almost that age and it still feels like we need to do so much.Seems he lived his life like every day was his last day.If u wake up tomorrow and u look urself in the mirror and u cant say ur satisfied with things as they are, then its time to make a change.I think that was how he went about things, maybe in a more subconscious way.I wouldnt know.But hey.....

The man's music lives on.The T.Shakur Academy is opening soon and his Poetry Album, The Rose that grew from Concrete Vol.2 is dropping next week, I believe.If its anything like the first one, its worth a cop. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Yeah. I agree. Prolly worth the cop. It seems like death is the one sure
way of getting your shit to blow up. Today's also Nasty Nas/ Escobar/ God's Son/ Nasir Olu Dara Jones' birthday and as a fellow Virgo....

"Baby girl, won't you come and hold my hand
Won't you come and chill out with the Virgo
We sippin on Merlot, you ain't got be my girl though
I drop you off at, Willoughby and Myrtle
Smash with the Virgo, ain't got to take your shirt off
You seen me convince your homegirl though"

R.I.P Tupac and HB to all AG Virgos..

Easy.
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Oh shit... that Nas b-day is tomorrow. Im tryna get these scheduelling f***ers @ work to run this VH1 Special tape they got on Tupac today.
Just mailed the scheduler. He says cant promise shit but he's gonna try sneak it @ 20:00 today.

Lookout on VH1.
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah man, that VH1 special is niceness.As for the virgo thing, I think Jigga is also a virgo.

Well, I'm taurean, but hey, all this star sign stuff doesnt seem to always make much sense. :lol:

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Nah.. Jigga's a Sag. Tupac was Gem.

Yeah. See the thing is DstV uses a satellite feed from the UK, which
is why we get watered down shit. Hence, BET canned the contract with us and thats why we dont get MTV2 either. I chill out with this dude at our broadcast centre and get to check a lot of shit thats editted. U'd be surprised what our goverment doesnt want us to see.

Other Virgo's I can think of:
Luda, Doug E. , Beyonce, Michael Jaxon, Bad Boy T, Lee, Pink, Damon Wayans, Ramone (from POC), Chichi, Shock G, Big Daddy Kane, KCi-Hailey, Mary J Blige... blah blah.. Not that it matters, but Im @ work and bored as phuck.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
The man is a legend in his own right, though I'd choose Frank White over him. He touched many lives, thanx to tracks like dear Mama, parents esp. mums so that rap ain't about hoes, guns and drugs......Its coz of him that I got my licence to blast hiphop at loud volume at cribs..... :D

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I feel I'd go for Pac more than Biggie.I just feel he had it all.......like just the whole package.But what was cool is that Biggie is a close second.No denying, Biggie was hectic lyrically, but with Tupac I just felt the emotion more.He lived each word.Its kinda the way I feel bout Rob Thomas when he sings.Man, that guys lives and seems to mean every word he sings.And thats a mark of someone special, musically.

Misterme

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
You know, I really don't feel Pac had accomplished all he was meant to before he died. If you look at the plans he had... he was about to have his own record label, a nationwide label with everybody from Smif-N-Wessun to Spice 1 to whoever else. Talented cats from both West & East Coast.  Then he wanted to place himself in a situation where he could really take his time and spend 4-5 on the same album to create deeper music than anything he had done... I mean, he could have reached new heights, that's how I feel. He wasn't done.

phreshy_superstar

• Guppie
    • View Profile
although i too agree that should he have lived on, there was more to come from him, but i must echo that he impacted the globe in ways most rap artists only dream of. and at 25...  

the probability of his charm, in my opinion, was that he had no peer. i love biggie, but no one was more charismatic, crazy and compa**ionate than pac. i mean, the dude's mind was ablaze - folks know that, no matter who they are.

one cannot help but feel affected.

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Good looking out on the Pac thing Maddstone,yep i'm back in cyberville...solved my computer woes.

Pac was great but he's like a whole lota people who "died before their time",i was watching a Jimi Hendricks doci the other day...isn't it ironic that people like Tupac and them are so talented and yet so troubled but have such disregard for their own lives,its as if they know their own greatness and they can't handle it...its just a damn shame...

i reckon you're blessed if you stick around to enjoy the fruits of your labour,like Mandela... long live Pac's memory i suppose :?
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi