Drudge Dialect Volume 1 [Promo]

Dpleezy · 275 · 56723

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,,, i've been trying not to talk about this until I've got something concrete to report.

the master is with the CD duplication company in J-Sect. We're getting 1000 pressed up now. Distribution is still gonna be tricky - we're almost definitely gonna have stock in Look & Listen around the country, as well as all the independents (like hi-five, white trash etc).

I think they will be retailing at around R60.

It's good value for money though - you get 16 full-length tracks - that's 79 mins of quality music - that's R3.75 per track - 75c a minute!

This ain't no bedroom production mixtape either. It's professionally mixed and mastered,,, you get international-standard cover artwork back and front, CD artwork, jewel case and it's shrinkwrapped!! :)

Anyway,,, I'll be sure to post up full details as soon as I know them.

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
It's good value for money though - you get 16 full-length tracks - that's 79 mins of quality music - that's R3.75 per track - 75c a minute!

You sounded like the Cell C bitch for a second, can't wait to cop this... :lol:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Darklight"

You sounded like the Cell C bitch for a second, can't wait to cop this... :lol:

HAHAHAH  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can just hear her saying that...

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Yeah, thats an idea.WHy not try and get someone who's really good with voices to emulate that woman's voice and use it for promo purposes.I'm actually serious.It'd be madd funny.Have her flipping on ghetto slang too while she's at it.Man, that'd be tightness........get that promo running on the net and Bluetooth it to ppl as a Drudge Promo.Madd tight furrr shurrr.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
tek - isnt that white dude julian (butan of butanwear)?
got my copy form x the 24th this week.
jipee!
no ones owns us so the onus is on us - Ja**IS!!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
They just played a Ben Sharpa track on The Essence, it's featured on the new Hype Sessions coming out, I thought the track (beat and lyrics) was hot but then Andy just went off about the beat getting irritating and monotonous due to the electronica sounds in the beat...

Did you produce this D, I thought it was cool, don't see why Andy went off...???

PS: I also mentioned the drudge dialect album, but they got the message totally f****d up... :evil:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Darklight"
They just played a Ben Sharpa track on The Essence, it's featured on the new Hype Sessions coming out, I thought the track (beat and lyrics) was hot but then Andy just went off about the beat getting irritating and monotonous due to the electronica sounds in the beat...

Did you produce this D, I thought it was cool, don't see why Andy went off...???

PS: I also mentioned the drudge dialect album, but they got the message totally f****d up... :evil:

hmm,,, don't know which track it is so it's hard to say. Could have been Hegemony ("Why do we need a police protection service, when their duty is to snatch me and arrest my person"). I think that's the track Sharpa's really pushing... that's by Sibot and it's a killer - have to be crazy to front on that.

The only track i have on there that is kind of electronica-ish is Bury the Hatchet featuring Archetypes.

Who is andy?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Quote from: "Witness in silence"
tek - isnt that white dude julian (butan of butanwear)?
got my copy form x the 24th this week.
jipee!
no ones owns us so the onus is on us - Ja**IS!!

Yeah, Scott, Julian's got that madd skills on the graphic's for sure.Jules Rules.Hey, that's a nice Butan T-Shirt promo there. :)
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Hegemony... that's by Sibot and it's a killer - have to be crazy to front on that.

Who is andy?

Yeah that's the one, Andy's the a**istant DJ on the show, you can catch him hosting One on SABC1, friday nights...

Anyway that tracks hot...  :x

He also thought our very own explicit, was black, with brains lmao

Explicit thought of a hilarious idea, you gotta make a tshirt and have someone screenprint in big white letters 'Black With Brains,' take a pic and post it in the listener's gallery  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

motley

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Yo Konfab r u @ UCT if so I'd like 2 hook up and hopefully get a copy of ur promo

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
hegemony is killa!

konfab's based in wellington
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, i have to say, hegemony is one of my favourite hip hop tracks of all time,,, just wish i'd made it ;)

having said that, i can understand why a 90s new york purist wouldn't feel it.

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
heard da track on the essence.
da dude has direction.

mixtapes @ 60.00

thats a good price for mixtapes.

we were sellin an e.p 4 30.00 bucks, unfortunatel we only pressed a 100 copies.

we got a rustenburg mixtapes coming out b4 end of OCT 2006 4 60.00.

i will send the artwork b4 release.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
hegemony is one of my favourite hip hop tracks of all time

i wouldn't take it that far  8O but it, track #2 & next statement are my favourites on his album!
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "afterbirth"
hegemony is one of my favourite hip hop tracks of all time

i wouldn't take it that far  8O but it, track #2 & next statement are my favourites on his album!

heheh,,, i like to overcompensate ;)