TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
OH SNAP! Our very own Ray Benzino-esque affiliation 8O
All we need now is for some popular rapper (read: PROkid) to boycott HYPE & support a competing publication so we can all boycott HYPE a la Eminem vs The Source.

If 1 good thing was to come out of it its that they DID feature one of the BEST songs ever done by a Suothern African hip hop act. Certainly top 5ive Zim hip hop songs ever in "I Salute You" by the late great KingPin (R.I.P)
If you aint peeped that yet you NEED to hear it. I was blown away first time I heard it in Tonde's bedroom back in 2000!
Currently getting ma**ive love up north on the (100% local) Zimbabwean airwaves.

TONDERAI MAKONI WE SALUTE YOU!

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
yo what yall peeps think about Lahzee, Thats the only track I listen to on that compilation,the rest is garbage coz I can't hear shit,its afrikaans,halla just my 2cents,their flow is cool thou

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
As a magagzine! it looks like a magazine to me, got all the buisness aspects of it! The quality (paper not content), is very dope for the price, the CD(Quality not content)

For 12bucks to get both is a f***ing bargain, if the content was what you wanted, if this mag had the content that i cared about, I'd subscribe for the year.

Its simple(politics and bullshit aside) this magazine has its target market,it has to or else how will they pay they f***ing bills and continue churning more of these f***ers? its not me thats for sure, i don't have a problem with that, I fall under and represent of a very small target market that probaby would'nt support such and undertaking making finnanically not feasible to make the mag anyway, so I have no excuse to feel left out or hate on this.

The CD content?

The quality of production etc very dope and proffessional enough, in terms of sound quality, in terms of lyrics and lyrical content i dunno i kinda block lyrics that hurt my eardrums...but thats not supprising coz i listen to Hip Hop as an MC so my views are NEVER objective or fair, i think most MCs are wack (local and international! I may not be that nice myself but nigga i'm better than you!  8)  f*** you and your lyrics  8)  thats pretty much the reason selling music...or anything for that matter to that small taget market i pointed out earlier would be pointless.... So for such shallow thinking and jugment I lack ANY credebiity ...so i will not comment on the lyrics and lyrical content...but all I can say yeah all these
cats is rapping they know how to rap and if they have fans the fans will be happy to hear the shit.
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

KnoLejEternal

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
hmm...

anyway,

what ya'll think about the Entity track?

beat ?
lyrics?
overall impression?

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
I'm one of the people who realises that soon , very soon I will have to approach this HYPE magazine to features ome of my photos and they will pay me for it.

Now , I debate the usefulness of criticizing a "BABY" in the industry of print because there are few magazines who will allow any of us the platform for exposure.HYPE is one of those magazines.

I dont know about "biting the hand that might possibly feed me".It's a possible avenue for me to market myself & further my goals so I'm going to try and get mine.
I dont know the motives for anybody hating HYPE except for what you have posted here but there are always two sides to a story.

Please,there are few enough mediums for South African channels to communicate our message - To a huge extent South African Hip Hop is still viewed as a subculture.One of the guys here said that three people are doing 90% of the writing - if I want to see the articles becoming fresh and objective and keep submitting - writing / calling /photographing until every last iota of energy has been spent.

Less dissed - more a**ist.
respect.
The Witness.

authentic

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
lets hope they got the clearance from maitonde for sure
nay R.I.P KINGPIN that track is tha best from an african m.c
out
url=http://albumbase.com][/url]

Gwee

• Guppie
    • View Profile
I think the magazine was tight as usual..
But the cd..
Well..er..
What can I say about it..

Its ok though..
There are a few reasonable tracks on it and a few that are shit..
But its ok..
I really love the Lahzee one..
I cant stand the first song though..
hanks baby, you make my life so much better...
With this ring and our lives ahead of us..
I promise to always love you and be faithful...
I love you...

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Gwee"

hrmph!

What was your favourite part...eh?

Gwee

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Quote from: "DJ_Nastie_Ed"
Quote from: "Gwee"

hrmph!

What was your favourite part...eh?

Hmm...
Id have to say the whole page on Zimbabwe Legit..

Also pges 18 and 19 on the graffitti
The whole Tumi and the volume thing and definetly the thing with 5th floor..

Satisfied?
hanks baby, you make my life so much better...
With this ring and our lives ahead of us..
I promise to always love you and be faithful...
I love you...