Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

what happened to Prophets of da city ?

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
it must have been about 10 years ago ... i have been deejaying before their show, one of the guys graphed me a shirt and they had a dope gig in berlin at the boogaloo club in berlin/ germany. i saw them again a year after and lost contact since then ... anyone knows what's up with these guys?

i'll be in capetown from december to januar and would maybe like to meet them or anyone of the band  ...

thanx

fish
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Yo JahFish, "wie gehts"?! Nice to see you found your way here...

Hey Shane and all you CT people help this dj cat out he's legit

fah
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Supafly

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://
Wa**up, jahfish!

As a group, Prophets Of da City have not recorded since 1997. While I don't think POC has ever announced a break-up or a disbanding (not to my knowledge anyway), I think most folks consider the group over.

There was a point in '99 or '00 when they drafted Elouise aka EJ von Lyric (currently a member of Godessa), who was supposed to take the place of lead MC, Shaheen. As that incarnation, the group managed a few live shows, but never managed to put out an album.

However, Ready D did join forces with two MCs soon after POC's last album, Ghetto Code. Along with these MCs, Mr Fat and Hamma, D formed the group Bra**e Vannie Kaap (BVK). Rapping in an Afrikaans dialect (gamslang), the group put out two albums - BVK (1997/8) and Yskoud (2001) - both of which were well received. You may wish to check out those albums, should you be interested in Ready D's post-POC work.

I really think it's a pity that the group has not been able to continue recording. They are, by far, my favourite South African hip-hop outfit of all time, and their albums are quite dear to me.

PEACE
Supafly

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
hey Jah fish when u poppin by son hope ish is cool in germany
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
sup jah,

already posted my email in the other post,
nastie.ed@gmail.com

Will hook u up with the relevant ppl when u come down. Relax:)

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
thanx very much for all the information ....

by the time i met them, it was the first band that really brought "the 4 elements of hiphop" on stage and did more than just a gig ....

the show was amazing, including breakdance-intermezzos, live-t-shirt-graffiti, a little deejay show .... that was real different to most of the live shows i was used to ... it was a time when people like rakim dared to do playback instead of performing live and when most MCs didn't even take a Dj for their gigs ...  

also they started their show with a percussion record from SA .... the DJ then mixed in Jeru's "come clean" accapella, perfect pitch, perfectly fitting ....  it kicked my a** so much that i still can't forget. much props for that!

thanx also for the PMs .... seems i'm gonna meet some of them soon  ;)

fish
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com