kwaito artist were all into hip hop and jacked hip hop shit

RuSh · 11 · 2806

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
the reason why i dont appreciate kwaito its bacause all of them artist were into hip hop and kwaito is basically rappin in a differant language TKZ stole lines from NWA in that pantsula for life track so give respect to the hip hop art and i will give respect to your art you call original and im straight up hating on that shit.
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Anonymous

if i may ask a question:

this is a hip hop website. that does not make anybody visiting or registered on this website the target market for this type of music.

i am sure jamaican dancehall enthusiasts said the same thing as you guys - in 1979 when Kool Herc took bashment music, funk and soul and created hip hop.

i think it´s more of a cultural and musical evolution, based on your definition (the many other music forms in evolved from)

can somebody who belongs to the target market air their views about this music please.

Anonymous

ignorance... ignorance!!!

Pansula for life is not done by TKZee, it´s Kabelo´s track who is a member of TKZee, produced by Mandla "Spikiri" of DCC (kalawa producers).

My word is before you hate sumthing you need to know more about it, you can not take one track and say kwaito jacks hiphop lines, it was that particular artist who did that. The truth is there are others who took sum beats/lines/flows from hiphop but that don´t mean the whole genre steals.
there are some kwaito tracks that are original in all aspects and thay are of the hinges.

I like kwaito but mos def I don´t like Kabelo and Tokollo(TKZee) cause most of the time they use sumone else´s lyrics in their raps.

rugged_man find out more about the art form, yes it is an art form.

About the media calling Kwaito african hiphop....
everything with a rap in it, to the western media is hiphop, they are ignorant like that.

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
personally i think kwaito is ok... (i just love rap music more)
we´ve got some serious south african music talent operating within the kwaito genre... which is more than i can say for south african rap...
the kak part is that there´s a lotta shitty artists that actually get exposure...

for example there´s this group Zemene, whose music i heard at Gabi Le Roux´s place whilst it was still in the development stages... and they´re tight.. yet underrated and underexposed...
then along comes Kops.. with Connections.. Mafikizolo with Lotto.. Arthur with Oyi Oyi, Mnike, Haaibo.. plain kak..
now we got rap cats all over the place dissing kwaito because of the few kak artists they´ve been exposed to.. via tv or otherwise..

Mizchif as a rap act opens for kwaito cats at shows...

I think rap cats should embrace kwaito and USE it as a ticket to fulfilling YOUR DESTINY... just as hiphop found acceptability with the  mainstream via movies like Beat Street and Krush Groove, WHY DON´T RAP CATS PEDDLE THEIR WARES USING KWAITO AS A GATEWAY... after all kwaito is more accepted. more exposed and more profitable than rap among "average" South Africans.
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I agree fully with ebony cat

the thing with Kwaito is this..
that is what most of the peeps is bumpin
so thats where the market is at

i don´t know about in cpt but in jhb i can tell you this for a near fact
there are a shitload of heads and not enuff fans
or rather listners

"Too many MC´s not enuff mics" if you will

so the Kwaito cats who is just found a market and sold a product,
if the market is too dumb to know that you are using recycled hip hop lines then good for you, you getting paid for bin smarter than they dumba**es

i mean even JayZ does it..

personally f*** kwaito some i can stand most i can´t
but i am happy with the fact that i am not they market
so i afects me not

if they said it was hip hop then i would be afected

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Anonymous

We need  a market for hip hop .

the hip hop community in south africa only consist of artists.  there are hardly any fans.  (or artists who should be fans)

What do the rich moslem youth listen to in south africa?  Jayz, Ja Rule.

But they won´t listen to gangstarr.  it´s not about hip hop, it´s about what´s hot on TV, Radio and Magazines.

So we need to become hot, we need to crossover and become mainstream.  Just like kwaito.  

We need a couple of artists to do that.  and i´m sorry, it´s going to take much more than a BVK or a Mischief.

:-|  :-|  :-|

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Exacly my point.

i think there are fans around but...
you must also consider one fact

i love Pharo to bits but i dubbed his album from tape
now if a local hip Hop head wants me and undoutably lots of other fans to buy his shit, it should
one be really really f***ing good and cheap enuff to buy..
i can´t afford to buy a pharo cd and i love him
what makes you think i will part with cash for a half a** local album by a cat i give to shits about?

most peepes is like that..the local hip hop market is going to be damn near impossible to crack the only hope cats have is to crossover and like the kwaito cats have done and try to sway that market towards hip hop, which is what is happening why do you think TKZ always put a proper hip hop track in they album or why AMU is featured with ZOLA, get noticed and then pull that entire market towards hip hop well at least i think that is what most heads in kwaito are trying to do

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Anonymous

eish eish u no what, some of the kwaito is tight like the stuff that comes from kalawa jazmee, and mdu records. the surprising thing is that africans r always embara**ed of their kulcha, their language, their music(KWAITO") and their names. if u arent proud of who u are then who´ll be proud of u. wake up south africans!

Anonymous

i tink mos kwaito artists were into mbaqanga, freddie gwala, brenda etc, and thats what they jacked big time. d problem is these new  rats popping up from every kona walking around in oversize jeans, tinking they in nu york, representing jay z in africa. what d u think ja rule says when he sees konfused africans trying to sing like him,he goes (f......ng african)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the reason i like a lot of UK Hip Hop is because it uses all the cultural references of the place. They rap with english accents, they talk about issues that relate to where they live,,, the music contains elements of dancehall, 2 step, uk garage, DnB etc. It sounds British.

the reason most south african hip hop sounds wack to me is that people aren´t repping where they are from; american accents. american cliches. american metaphors etc etc. even the music sounds american,,, the only way i can tell a south african production is because it sounds like it was recorded underwater, not because there is any distinctive style.

i know this doesn´t apply to all south african hip hop, but i am suprised people on here are saying ´f*** kwaito´. Hip Hop has stayed alive throughout the world by taking from other music and staying fresh. i don´t see why south african hip hop shouldn´t embrace kwaito,,, we might actually create something to be proud of, instead of constantly walking in the shadows of the States, always 10 steps behind.