Africasgateway.com

Conspiracy Theory

TATEguru · 39 · 10653

TATEguru

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphocalypse.co.nr
So there I was watching Crash over the weekend & Ludacris breaks into a monologue on the origins of Hip Hop.

He agrues that hip hop was crated by the FBI (?) to keep the minority black american community speaking bad english & perpetuating the ignorant stereotypical values in the community.. :?

Is it possible?..As far fetched as this Cons Theory may seem at first on based on the facts & empirical evidence (Syn to define) it certainly sees plausible..

While I dont think the FBI is totally behind the emergance of Hip Hop I do agree that it respreflects the materialistic moral decay prevalent in American society & in so doing perpetuates the vicious cycle.

What do we do to break the cycle?

Shoot G-Unit, Mike Jones, Paul Wall, etc for start! :x
r Hyde to your Dr Jekyl

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Stone the Dave

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
If any gunz have to Blaze on any of these commercial cats, i'd be first in line to blast.
hawelution CC. The ultimate IT Solution.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
This aint about that homie. Not about shooting rappers or nothing that was just me manifesting my frustration.

How do cats feel about mainstream hip hop decaying societal values? Is it merely a mirror reflection of society or is it actually perpetuating the decadant morals prevalent in today's yurban youth community in America & potentially the world? :?

REAL TALK here people..

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Truthfully that whole "the FBI started hip hop to keep us speakin bad english and ghetto is one I first came across like 9 yeasr ago, but it becomes scarily possible when you look at the development of hip hop as a commercial concern.
I mean, think about it, modern commercial rap is about being a thug or being a clown and has been since it became commercially viable. The people that had complete financial control over the production and marketing of hip hop, and still do for the vast majority of the market, and even now that we have a few black folk with some clout, (LA Reid, Babbyface, Jigga, JD) they have it cos they came up ina structure controlled by the same old rich white men and now these black folk have to partner with the whiteys, to make the whiteys palatable to the growing black market and the white liberals.
The largest market for hip hop has always been the white middle cla** and remains so, and until US rap breaks the Chinese market (heh, heh, slim and none are the chances there)  this will stay the same, cos even tho theres f***loads of us black folk, more than 90% percent of us still live below the international bread-line. And as far as the peeps marketing rap where and ARE concerned, the general buying public is not looking to see black peeps as intelligent, aspirational human beings, cos then all the genocide and discrimination and colonisation start looking awfully criminal and make whitey uncomfortable. So black peepl need to be kept in the bracket where we are pack animals and light entertainment.
Think about it, any "black film" where the peepl are your avwerage middle cla**, working hard to come up, attending university, just partaking in the "AmeriKKKan Dream", is automatically relegated to dvd limbo, they get distributed nowhere, for the first time more "concious" rap is coming up and appearing in more "commercial" arenas....but think how long hip hop has been around and ONLY NOW do black peepl have enuff power to make anything resembling significant impact.
The peepl who buy rap cds WANT and NEED black peepl as dirty thugs who don't have any dreams outside of dealing drugs, playing ball and maybe becoming a preacher. It doesn't matter that Jigga or JD or Diddy or (even) 50 are astute businesspeople who recognise their market and produce what they know the market wants. The market doesn't want to see that, they want a tattooed, scarrred former drug-dealer who still has connections to the underworld who talks about killing peepl and the small meaningless material things he's got because he cant have emotions and worries other than where his next bottle of Cris is coming from.
If you're a real person who raps you ahve to rap about what you know, in other words your life and your daily goings-on and then your listener would have to face their daily goings-on and they trying to escape.
The corporates don't want peepl facing their daily shit cos then they might turn introspective and thoughtful and they might realise they DON'T actually NEED OR WANT all those things they waste their hard earned cash on. SO rap is what it is, and no amount of whining about how your "real" shit is going to change it means a DAMn thing, the person who receives what you do has to have made the decision to think way before they listen to your tracks.

Thats my word
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
I neva looked at it from that angle...hiphop+FBI???....
I thot thoze dudes hated hiphop.... its kinda interesting thought to look at things from multiple dimensions...3D, Can't say much, syntactic has done a good job there whith his comment...co-sigiddy u on that .

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
listen To "hip hop" by Mos Def on Black On Both Sides

Hip Hop went from selling crack to smoking It
Hip Hop is procecution evidence ad space for liqour..

I have always maintained that the exponential growth of Hip Hop was un-natural and ..well un exponential..it been tampered with..by whom..that i dunno!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
This is my problem with people saying its just entertaionment & rapping into the machine dumbing the listeners down. Last night I read an interview with Phonte from LB where he laments about the "Its just entertainment" arguement so many rappers use to justify their nonchalant subject matter.

Lets accept some freakin responsibility for goodness sake!
This whole thing is broken coz the record buying white middle cla** populace is not as effected by & large by the music..its the inner city youth predominantly black populace that buys into the fickle images whole-heartedly & is the most negatively effected as they hold these "stars" as role models that made it out the hood...now they think the only way out the hood is by selling snow or sports/entertainment  :x

The media pushes NO positive black role models other than the ones in sports & entertainment. Can the ave joe name any black role models NOT affiliated with the abovementioned?..

The media perpetuates this ignorant sh*t propelling these bad role models to iconic status knowing that only "dumb n*ggaz" will subscribe to their way of life wholeheartedly.

It makes sense for the entertainers as they figure hey as long as I'm getting MY money its all good..

Guess what IT AINT ALL GOOD DUMMY!

P.S f*** 50Cent & The Whole G Unit thuggery, f*** YOUNG JEEZAY & The snowman bullshit & f*** ANY RAPPER PREACHING NEGATIVITY & influencing the youth then denying responsibility.
Finally f*** THE MAN FOR STANDING AROUND WATCHING THE N*GGAZ SELF DESTRUCT! :x

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syntactic"
Thats my word

Albeit a very long one  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That not good enough for ya?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Neeeehh BITE ME , whippersnapper!
I just need to say that nobody should a**ume by my statements that I'm a raging racist, I have white friends ok, in fact some of my best friend are white...............

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Wannabe DJ not-so-Nasty EDMOND is white isnt he?
----
I say we blame him for everything from Colonialism to me losing my ex girlfriend to a white boy :x .

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Ok fine we can blame him for colonialism.....but we all know you lost yo girl cos white boy had a bigger dick :twisted:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I read this interview by the guy who "invented" the souce five MIC system and he pointed something out that was significant...we all know its NOT music by any means..i digress..anyway ..!!!disjointed thought patterns are a bitch innit?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
losing my ex girlfriend to a white boy :x .

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  KARMA'S A BITCH INNIT :?:  8)  :wink:
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK