Africasgateway.com

MPC 2500

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Co-sign everything nastie ed says above.

I used an MPC once and it was ok if you like 'playing' in your drum patterns (which I don't). You also get to feel like you might be as good as Dre (and others) cause now you got the same shit they use - although you'll be fooling yourself. You get to tell all your friends that you have an MPC - although I'm not sure how much value that has - I never met a fine female who would be impressed by that either. You get to perpetuate the myth that because of the MPC's mystical hardware compression, your kicks are that little bit fatter than anyone using software - although no one will be able to tell the difference once your shit is mastered.

I only got a hardware keyboard cause I needed an audio interface.

I challenge anyone to listen to one of my beats on a 6K sound system and tell me that can't feel my kicks or ba**lines (or to tell the difference between the tracks where I used an MPC vs. software)...

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
D your mastering skills are very good, if i had to meet you, thats probably the first thing i'd jack if i cud and run for my life 8), but your styl of beats does not suit an mpc kind of user, your beats are more the kinda workstation-labour at the keys-kind of cat, which i feel very much and hope to be able to do as time goes by. I wudn't wanna compare your sound to that of mpc users because of the material i've heard from you isn't moving in the same direction as mos sp1200 and mpc catz, your sound is more electronic and doesn't really hunt for that thick sounding track whereas someone like 9th wonder got some really heavy tracks from the direction he moves as a beatmaker but as you can hear, the quality is mos bad compared to other catz in his line of work.

I'm sure 9th jus can't afford you 8), you'd probably master the hell out of that fruityloops (which i still doubt can be saved!) and turn it into some high quality-does-not-mess-up-your-ear-when-listening-to-music-via- headphones- type sound as i have to come to experience from the likes of 9th and khrysis(worst sound quality i've heard on an album-that away team album, God knows who let that be released!!). My ears hurt, those catz aren't going on my mp3 player again :twisted:

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
Aight D, yo setup is cool.
Can we do a test collabo.
Can I send you a sequenced drumloop & you master it to a groovy hip hopish taste. Wud like to here the diff...

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
my friend says we can burrow he's keyboard for the band practice ish. When he brings its it turns out to be a Roland Juno 2. And damn that synth is mad crazy. Was checking thru all the different synth its has. I never understood why ppl rave about the hardware synth.

I dont use a midi controller at my home, which is crazy. Been doin this ish for over  a year now think it time  2 start putting money into it.

but what makes the mpc such a powerful machine/controller?
it seems to be the top when it comes to producing urban music

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ

As you can see from the diagram, this is all you need to make thumpin beats without no aid from a Personal computer. Straight ol skool
The MPC is a rock solid sequencing and drum programming machine.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Now u know Syc, what u should do.Sample every last synth from that keyboard and place them into ur soft-sampler/synth.There u go.U'll have the sounds and all.........and u'll save. :lol: I know peeps that do that and it works.

Btw, I think some peeps just knocking 9th cause now they know he uses FL.If he didnt disclose that, I can bet know one woulda guessed it.But hey, to each his own.I gotta admit, I still luv 9th beats.I like the dirty sound he has.But then again, I dont think he should mind anyways, cause he's raking in the flow and peeps getting at him for beats.Thats all that matters.He did 2 tracks with DC.......so thats something.

I havent heard that Away Team album, but I'm keen to.But I feel it all comes down to that final engineering of the track.I know Timbo's always sitting with an engineer in the studio.Lil Jon doesnt mix or master his material without his engineer.He knows what he wants, and his engineer can get it for him.So, what bother urself. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote from: "MaddStone"

Coming to this MPC2500, I'd be weary going for it.I've been communicating with many MPC users and they all stress "do not buy a new Akai model once it comes out".It has inherent software probs that only seem to be smoothed out within 2yrs.Its a history with Akai it seems.I've asked bout some clarity on the 2000XL and the 3000 and I heard the sound of the 3000 is sweet.So if u can afford it, choose it.But other than that the 2000XL is just fine.Its proven itself, so yeah, worth a try then.

that's what I was wondering

thanks.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Syc. I thought you needed midi to use Reason?

if you liked that synth you should try the mini-moog or there are other good imitations out there, amazing. and dont forget to share those samples!
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

8)

I won't say much, you'll have to wait for tomorrow, all i can say, it invloves Juno 1.

8)

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
fah got i use something else 4 a controller...
madd any suggestion as to how i should sample the synth?
what keys should i sample ? every octave?any suggstions coz there lotsa ish on that..

haha was playing wit  i think an 808 kit on that synth, busy imatating that stupid whisper song. amazing how ppl make so much money off stupid songs

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I think whats more amazing is that ppl actually buy those stupid songs. :lol:

Hey Syc.The best thing to do is to sample almost every octave of each.This will give u more room to flex when ur layering and pitching in a soft-synth module like FL or Reason or whatever ur bread and butter is.U'll also see in many sample cd's if they have strings and the like, they have basically every octave there, for that very purpose of giving the musician that much more room to breathe, so to speak.

Btw, I heard good things about that Juno.And u can never really go wrong with Roland.Did I hear someone say Edirol? :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
sounds like alot of work for my lazy a**.....
but maybe ill get to some sampleing...