briCK · 10 · 1755

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Its funny I bought the CD this morning and while I was at another site from the US cats know about Proverb worldwide even thought they think he is British! anyway like I promised I am gonna review this, I would not have wanted to hear this album but...i guess i have to, i have herd index and head to toe and I am VERY impressed!! I am scared to review this coz all the bad mouthing of this cats i have been doing I might have to eat my words which i will gladley do!!!!

gimme a day
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Looking forward to your review.  

Was watching his video for I Have a Dream (great track)the other day and i loved the concept. I was at one of the perfomances featured on the video, alas I wasn't in any of the shots he he he  :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Upon first listen, i am afraid to say this is going to be the most painful review i have ever written! , it shows me how my personnal prejudice can and has made me miss out on good material this album is nice! he is a wordsmith of note...it has got me questioning who real PRO is now ...f***!!!

briCK eat your words!!

PS it does not change what I think about him!

authentic

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
still looking for this album
anyone help me out
url=http://albumbase.com][/url]

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "briCK"

briCK eat your words!!

PS it does not change what I think about him!

:lol:
yup thats the brick i know...........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:  :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I will be sending MILK the review and you know that nigga be busy so it might be while longer before its up.

Its more like an analysis than a review the Album is MUCH MUCH better than I had previously thought...one thing though I still maintain nigga got cartoony punchlines, he definatly does not rhyme for heads he makes hip hop based music i.e he raps and has hip hop like beats, the girls WILL definalty love this, its kinda "romantic" love sick and will have the girls feeling sorry for him..its crazy,but nigga rhymes are cartooney...some of his concerpts are clever but lack execution.

anyways its all in the review or analysis as i call it

PS you know i was thinking about it this week-end when my boys and freestyled together for the first time in mad years, i was sitting there thinking while i'm dropping stupid lines like .."I droppa line propelled by hate they chopperMC" and burst out loling at the nerve i have to call anyones punchlines cartooney when i dropping shit thats just as cartooney!!!!!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"

PS you know i was thinking about it this week-end when my boys and freestyled together for the first time in mad years, i was sitting there thinking while i'm dropping stupid lines like .."I droppa line propelled by hate they chopperMC" and burst out loling at the nerve i have to call anyones punchlines cartooney when i dropping shit thats just as cartooney!!!!!

In my defense though..mines was off the top. and this nigga actually edited and left lines like "tryna take me down like pressing ground on elevators"    i'll never let that one slide.."unable to bury the hatchet"

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Mos puncline catz you lsiten to got some element of cartoony punchlines, common seems to be the one cat who usually aint got that, i mean, even freddie foxxx has had me laughing at times, on some that aint hard dog!!

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Up the review as soon as possible, me wants to read it

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
sneek preview of the review!!!

Well the human mind is truly an amazing organ,  lost mine years ago so its all good, my mind told me f*** Proverb this cats has some reaaaaaaally corny rhymes, and they sound like rhymes for rhyme sake so my mind put him on auto ignore. But of late I have been slowly regaining my mind and I have been cleaning it of un-necessary negativity, any way before this get into a homofied rant what I am tryna say I listened to the Album sans prejudice, this is more of a track by track break down and analysis as opposed to a review.

Fist and fore most this is truly an Honest Album as witnessed the index his intro where he goes on end.The beat is alight not spectacular.
Then in true Proverb fashion he does not disappoint “None of you can barely move me like a school bus with no driver”

Lets Go

I am a sucker for drums so this beat gets the thumbs up very dope the beat is dope but I can’t hear the lyrics he tried a different flow but unfortunately it makes his voice difficult to hear.

I have a dream

Beautiful song man, brings a tear my eye, he echo’s every heads dream. Coming together and shit that’s utopia as it were. I respect a cat who talks what he walks and the best he can do for the cause is to take the plunge and put out! I like…BUT ..Like Jerusalem this Is real” hahaha this cat ..or is it me? I think its not nessesary to have punch lines ALL the time.

Payback

Nice catchy hook the whole track entertains me I like a lot, Its like I can see him in the studio enjoying making this dope, DAMN this  cat is really a dope lyricist he knows his raps really dope track.

BUT dude..”I stay on the charts and you visiting like you out of town” maybe I think similes are OLD

My versed Love

Book of proverb, I love how he used the concept and its evident all over the Album
Aight love song.

End of part 1