Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Vinyl in Cape Town

Pesa Mbongo

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
At last I will be in CT again soon (after 5 years).

This time I definitely want to pick up some music too and if anyone has recommendations for 2nd hand vinyl shops or markets then I'll be grateful - mail me at j4@africanhiphop.com

Milk already recommended me a spot which I am going to ask him again cos I forgot the name...

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
welcome back bro hit me up when u arrive respect
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
hey  there , try to chat to Madd Stone - I know he visited astore in claremont / he should also know of afew other places.
enjoy your stay with us & wear sunblock please 8)

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Depends on what kinda vinyl u looking for I guess.If its hip hop, then maybe u should check with Nastie Ed.

But if its old school music, or just old vinyl, then in Claremont there's Vibes Vinyl with some nice ones.Also, I think Mabu Vinyl on corner of Long Kloof street in the CBD and almost next to it is a second hand store that sells vinyls too.Also, there was a cash converters in N1City that sold some vinyls too.Check those places for starters.Good places, I feel.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
i'll be in CT too .... please post some adresses so its easier to find those spots.

and pesa, maybe u can edit your first post and paste all the collected adresses in there.
then that thread would even be worth beeing a sticky for ever! or transformed into a usefull guide for the site!

i found this one so far:

The Bin - 105 Harrington Street, Gardens.
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Mabu vinyl -  I dont have their actual address, they just the only vinyl store right on the bottom corner of Kloof Street.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Pesa Mbongo

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Damm! Enough addresses already for me to return broke but with a big bag.
I am mostly interested in non hip hop vinyl. Where I live its relatively easy to get hold of hip hop on vinyl but not some other old rare cuts like jazz / funk / soul etc.

Thanks so much and I will get back with a report.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I'm still looking for a place that sells a whole bunch of vinyls with prices ranging between R4 to R10.Thats all.If u know, hit us up.And I mean some good stuff like like what Vibes sells, but more in that price range. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Pesa Mbongo

• Guppie
    • View Profile
R4 to 10, that would be good.

I went to Vibes and to Mabu. Especially Mabu has some nice records but they are not cheap (well if you come with euros they are still cheap actually but more like 20 rand to 80 rand).

Too bad I didnt get time to hang with Milk though! Now someone needs to come to Europe some time ;)

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
YO Madd, the store at claremont, you referring to the one jus next to that computer store? I goes to that one. I like it coz they got that special where you buy 3 vinyls for R20 plus they got hot chicks hunting for vinyls there too , so it doubles up as a nice macking site. The Jazz collection is expensive though, so i dodge it as much as possible.

Pesa Mbongo

• Guppie
    • View Profile
chicks hunting for vinyls? sounds good, all i saw in there was big dre and mustafa maluka and the shop owner.

didnt have much time to check out the sales bins, so i just picked from the soul/jazz bins.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
hey bro how u im thinkin bout europe but actually wanna do brazil first how u gotta give u a call soon how mustafa been need to hola at him aswell talk to u soon respect
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

D-Unik

• Guppie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unlearnagency.com
Yo Munks Concept Stores has just opened in the J(Newtown) and we've got some dope stash so if you in the area come get your fix.
For more info e-mail rahdom@yahoo.com.