Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

John Legend Concert - comments

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Who around these forums attended the CT leg of the concert?Anyone attend the Jozi leg?If so, how was it?

As for the CT review, it was pretty much well-rounded.He's got a really golden voice, live, as well.If I'm not mistaken he only did one new song (though the review says 2), but then again I could be wrong.I just seen in the Scratch mag that Kanye's cuz that put together the "Diamonds" track for him, was heavily involved in Mr Stephens' album too, producing the bulk of it.He did real good on the "Refuge" track, the track that JL closed off with.Very tight one.And the best of the best was "I'll stay with you".Got that '70's soul vibe to it.

The opening acts were fine.I had no beef at all.I do agree though that Sliq Angel's songs did go on for a little too long at times and it would have been best if the band had been limited to a max of 2songs, in that case.Ernie B was unfortunate to have a skipping back track, but he came out of it well, doing his Beat-boxing thang.Dude is pretty talented on the R&B tip, also currently doing a show at The Roxy called "Grand Hotel".Btw, worth checking out this one, which is a musical comedy.I peeped it Thursday and was cracking up.The peeps in the show can sing, for real.Madd skills.

Anyways, back to the JL concert.MXO was the star......very good performance.Supposedly amped thanx to some good sticky icky icky.....thats what I heard.But that aside, his performance, some did say was a little long, but he didnt disappoint on any of the songs.I got a new respect for this guy.I was really into his stuff, but since the performance, props to him and the band.They came thru very tightly.

All in all, I think if anyone gets a chance to see JL live, take it.Dont expect a dude running around the stage with dancers and all.His music doesnt call for it.Just expect a mellow eve, with some bangers thrown in for good measure.Nice touch on the interaction tip.My sis just got a prob with his dress-code though. :lol:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
the groupie extraodinaire that i am went to both. chuckle.

my mother quite strangely enough felt that MXO's performance was not as good as what she has come to expect from him. i was late. so i missed that. eish. big one at that. i saw him at the jazz festival. and i was suitably impressed. maximum energy. and total commitment to his work and the crown.

as for the man himself. mr legend. joburg was definetly a better performance. i mean look it was his opening show. and i who knows maybe the fact that i already had the chance to experience him might have dulled this second go at it. but i doubt it. joburg was certanily electric. if my behaviour is anything to go by.

i was actually saying to my mom. that his cape town show was a bit more chilled. as if they told him. that here dont stress. even his attire was more relaxed. she loved it.

i know what you mean about 'refuge' though. damn. had me. ohhhhing til the early hours. summin about that track. summin. i dont know. but summin.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
i also found that it was good for me to be there. live. i felt him. but i am also conviced now. that. that one. is a super duper play boy. its in his demeanour.

tell jasmine in joburg. he had on a black suit. mmmmm. which i expected. he took of the layers. one by one. just the vest.

oh well. did we go buck wild...
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -