• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Yeah that nigga Vast Aire... :roll: also came from that same school, i wonder where he is now. On that note, what did ya'll think of Cage's Hell's winter? After such hype behind it, need i say what i thought :roll:

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
^^Cage gets old real quick, I can see why copy aint f***in with him anymore 8O

That not good enough for ya?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "bornenbled"
I don't get hard feelings y'all its called pa**ion.

My thing is that Def Jux has done some big shit that deserves credit.  They have also opened up to some weird elements and the Funkcrush shit was fully misinterpreted.

What I'm driving at in full is that yeah, shit can be f***ed up but my take is also that it's not killing hip hop in any way.  Hip hop will always move away from the mainstream and remain real.

The other issue I do have is that every white kid with an attitude thinks that shit was invented for them and dived on.   There's no easy in to hip hop and the simpleton white cats saw Jux etc as a kind of safe base.

If I were El-P I'd lose sleep over that shit.  I don't have a problem with white cats in hip hop but that's a f***in hard journey take and you have to walk extra far to earn your respect.  Many cats now tink they can skip that and just put on a Jux shirt and shit. Or some wild style on their cap or whatever.

That does bother me.

But not as much as the thought that a crew could be responsible for killing hip hop.

real talk fam...
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I still got it.

The one with Dikgang?

Would you be willing to upload it for some brothers around here.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I still got it.

The one with Dikgang?

YEAH THAT SHIT..ayyo i know this place where they convert tapes into CD...see where is going? shit that shit rare as f***. they dropped it I had no loot saved up, when I had enuff loot they said it was outta print..so..(karma is a bitch) that tape that got lifted off me? well I sorta liffted it of someone else..you know how it is like.

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Yeah I just need to get it done where I can upload from ca**ette.

Maybe by Monday but yeah no doubt.

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
I don't get hard feelings y'all its called pa**ion.

If I were El-P I'd lose sleep over that shit.  I don't have a problem with white cats in hip hop but that's a f***in hard journey take and you have to walk extra far to earn your respect.  Many cats now tink they can skip that and just put on a Jux shirt and shit. Or some wild style on their cap or whatever.

That does bother me.

real talk fam...

fully agree

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
For real.  If I don't have it up by then let me know where they do the conversions and I'll try to sort it out that way.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TekofTonix"
I still got it.

The one with Dikgang?

Would you be willing to upload it for some brothers around here.

Be sure to pencil me in for that too god 8)

That not good enough for ya?

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
i only started receiving aesop rock stuff late last year along with el-p.

i loved el-p because of the whole futuristic vibe and present tech age paranoia,and the beats (ohmyheavens) i havent heard stuff like this since doctor octogon...but better.

now i'm a protagonist for "intelligent hip-hop" but aesop rock is way over my head (whoosh!)
can even a quarter of listeners please explain to me verse for verse what he is talking about.its not deep ....just plain confusing.

i also recieved qwel meterial - hell's winter now recently.
the verdict is not in on qwel yet - but ive scanned the cage cd - and i can usually tell by scanning.
its not for me.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I will admit, i used to or still have Aesop Rock as a my sig..this cats know a lot of words..he is a wordsmith, unfortunatly when it comes rapping he not he really can't flow and his beat selection while it helps his music is trash...But i own ALL well most of his shit and I would be lying if i said I don't enjoy listening to his shit amazing thught pattern

Qwel -- Perfect example of a graff writting skater turned Hip Hop..this cat just does NOT get it..he got clever punchlines for days but can't rap for shit

Cage is just sorry, for me ..Ill Bill now there an MC shit that nigga crazy!!

EL-P is dope i feel his shit, its just these little EL-P's that he has createdthat I can't stand.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
I think cat's like El-p and Puffy are one in the same.
Only difference is the gimmik they use to sell there particular style of Hip Hop. Puffy went the money route and El-p went the backpacker route.
Both found a gap in the market and used it to their advantage.

I've heard worse albums than funcrusher believe me, i don't think i was that bad, what's f***ed up is the way people percieved the album, especially here in S.A.

Hip Hoppers are always trying act up as if they the hardest thing round, the cutting edge society that sets the f***ing standard. Def Jux is based on this idea and feeds this bullshit into the minds on cat's who at the end of the day don't know Hip Hop before 96'.

Watch the Revenge of the Robots DVD to see what a bunch of Pussies these cat's really are, 'Manic depressive' Aesop Rock, 'Hissy fit throwing, i'm the boss' El-p. Mr Lif the only cat that captures that Hip Hop element outta an entire record label and proves it on a live show, while El-p catches his breath in the backround!

f*** A DEF JUX!! Shit will be dead way before any cla**ic type shit pa**es!
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile