Africasgateway.com

Cpt emceez

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
before i carry on i feel i must say this:

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY

this one goes out to all the irish people and the scores of people who are planning on being drunk in buenos aires: 'tienen unas cervezas para mi tambien.'

***and now back to our regular programming...***

sometimes the sound is bad but one can work with it to an extent, and then it's just the idiot setting it up is f***ed in the head. a sad thing happened once at a production i was working on - the sound dude basically hot-wired the entire system and this shit was running off a huge a** generator and all the power that was meant to power the amplifiers and control boards went straight to him. he was f***ed. he basically became the earth for the entire surge. so there's a lesson for all sound dudes - know your shit and don't drink before you hook shit up.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I believe as a professional artist, one should always try and do a soundcheck before the gig. If you can't to a soundcheck then, write down on the piece of paper how you want the DJ to EQ your beats when u perform. For e.g.

A lot of hip-hop tracks got heavy ba**, which sounds horrible especially on big speakers and what not. and this ends up blocking the vocals.So write down the EQ values you want the DJ to punch in and give this to him with the CD. With every track you perform, tell the DJ to change the EQ's and Levels accordingly so you have a bit of space for your vocals.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
i agree with you there MrC, most artists don't do sound checks and when they do they always do it from the stage without anyone listening from the back where some of their audience might not even here the music properly. artists must know what a rider is - ask performers for their riders and none of them have a clue on what you're talking about. it mustn't take a week to get a rider from performers and they gotta make sure that everything that they want is on their original list - no pitching up and asking for something else ten minutes before they have go on stage. avail cd audio so sound guys know how to EQ each song because it's easier to programme the stuff into the system rather than after each song.

it all comes down to being professional prepared for anything - if artists don't respect their shit and take it seriously, who the f*** is gonna take them seriously and respect them?
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

D-Unik

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unlearnagency.com
First of all I'd like to know what your contribution is to Hip Hop miss nuwepussy, with a name like that I can't imagine much!
Anyways you obviously don't have a clue if you be dissing cats like the Writers Block. In my opinion they be dropping some of the sickest shit out there at the moment.
Oh yeah and by the way when you refer to King Daniel don't be mentioning my name okay 'coz you don't know shit about what you're talking about!
 :evil:
" If you gonna hate, you might as well get your rumours straight"

metabolism

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://
As a member of witers block, i guess i cant argue with someone whos so good at giving opinions and who kicks shit like this:

Forum: Chief Rocka - Open Mic   Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 am   Subject: Battle me Now
apples r apples and u is a queer
my time i do not waste
like ur shit i do nt taste
as i said the public toilet is ur place
now flush and start drowning ur ugly face................. :D

:twisted:

Newpussy, carefull girl.

This was copied out of AG, so when cats post shit, back your opinions with confidence that you can do better. Mybe because no likes you or your facial features, or mybe you are hungry for limelight that you would do anything to get it,GET REAL.
etabolism a.k.a lotoflow

metabolism

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://
Yo d, Still waiting for your e-mail girl why you hidding out like that. just missed you and waking up in damage state. shout at me on my address. if you need me to remind you give a call.
etabolism a.k.a lotoflow

DarkBlood

Hey Naturelle.

Did u ever find the copy of the album u bought?

Boom!

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
what i hate is then sound cats..who after u spend a whole afternoon doin sound check, then spend exytra 30 mins doing a quick run before the show.....still manage to f*** up everything once the show kicks in....and sometimes u just cant start asking dude to correct his shit while u on stage and the crowd wants u to do ur thing...it crazy

thas my word

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
x the 24th says: "...opinions are like a**holes cos everybody's got 1, i like what i write screw your perception come and get some..."

konfab says: "...diction inciting public dissing like we're politicians,
mob's interesting gotta love it - going on while we're coming off..."

vernon viscus says: "...food for thought enriched in kilojoules,
reaching regions unfamiliar might kill your shoes, proceed with caution
and take heed prayer raise knees..."

ben sharpa says: "...the way the system reflects hate is straight up and
down like looking gla**, transparent like commuting mommies persuing
jobbies..."

:wink:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
that's so true eraze. happens every time.

all the cats mentioned/ dissed on this thread do sound checks before they perform, but no amount of sound checking can compensate a terrible sound engineer or crappy sound system.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,, afterbirth, you beat me to it! i was about to start posting lyrics from CPT MCs to show their skills! :)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
one of my favourite Sharpa verses...

"What's realism? Let me touch you, till you feel it sizzle,
i'm seeing visions but the telly lies to me in pixels,
systematic, analogue, digital subliminals,
encrypted transmissions that reinforce your fear impulse,
it says black people are poor, and poor folks are criminals,
criminal minds are dumb, and dumb hobos just deserve to go,
symultaneously whites are painted radiently,
radience sheds the light, and light gives life which created me (who?!),
basically black is death and white's a blessing,
being rich is a priviledge, not a right depending on how light or fair-skinned,
suss it out yourself, your health all amounts to wealth,
some live hand to mouth, so how the hell they gon use their mouth to yell?

Sick and tired of the sick and tired."

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I hate the CT vs Joburg/ whatever city debatess. But I have to say I have believed that Cape emcess are on a different level. What I hear from CT (from Writers Block members, Archetypes, Ben Sharpa, Konfab, Sketch, Middle Finga, etc these cats are refreshing & different to most heads. I believe some of the Best writers can be found in CT.

That Middle Finga track  “since Tuka ndiGudla”   is way too nice. The beat, rhyming, everthing is on point. I dig TOP’s style. His flow is simply spellbounding. In some tracks, you just can’t ignore him. He’s got clever worldplay & is still entertaining. Ben Sharpa’s lyricism is far ahead of what most local emcees think & writing standard. To me Him & TUMI can stand their ground against the best writers in the game. I’m not saying they are better than this or that foreign writer, but to be they are on par with anything that’s out there in SA, Africa & elsewhere. There are many cats writing in vernac all over SA but judging from the tracks I’ve heard, Sketch has better skills. He speaks more substance & wordplay is tight.

So to me CT hip hop is so different & ahead that many people will initially oppose it until it dawns on them that it’s actually tight. Pity mainstream radio wont play these guys.

If it was not for the power cuts I would be living in the cape, just to access this stuff first had!!!

Maybe whoever is dissatified with CT hip hop feels that way because the scene has started to become boring for them. But for me, it's exactly where I'd wanna be. Joburg & Durban are not as exciting as they could be / used to be.

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
I honestly haven't been impressed by any MC(s)  from CPT yet.If u check my Top 5(even d thread) u won't find any their.

Maphuthi really dazzles me though, but then again shes originally from JHB.She's just studying in CPT.She was also in Rhyme 'n Reason.

About the beef between GP(JHB) vs. CPT: i think it might be just envy.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

infamoushiphopsta

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
nuwepussy what u talkin bout? Cpt emcees ruk!! the thing is just because you watch rugby doesn't mean u know the rules!!
hare your knowledge, its a way to achieve immortality!!!

"Dont raise your voice,improve your arguement!!" Desmond Tutu