• REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
damn sissie loved there shit man RIP prof X

Professor X of X-Clan Dies
By Houston Williams
Date: 3/17/2006 7:15 pm

Professor X of X-Clan has died in a New York-area hospital after a bout with meningitis, sources close to the situation told AllHipHop.com.

As a member of X-Clan, Professor X gained notoriety for his catch phrases "Vainglorious" and dissed fools by calling them "sissies."

Additionally, Professor X, whose real name was Lumumba Carson, was the son of the late Civil Rights pioneer Sonny Carson, who produced The Education of Sonny Carson.

He also founded the gra**roots organization BlackWatch.

Meningitis is a byproduct of bacterial or viral infections that overcome the body's natural immune system.

The aggressive entities can be transmitted from other people through sneezing, coughing, kissing, infected blood, or contaminated water or food.

In August 2004, Professor X, auctioned off his time on eBay for a night on the town in New York City.

X-Clan released a pair of critically acclaimed albums, To the East, Blackwards (1990) and Xodus (1992), but soon after the Brooklyn-based collective disbanded.

In December 2005, X-Clan announced a comeback, but it was unclear if Professor X was party to the reunion. In 1995, X-Clan group member Sugar Shaft died from complications related to the AIDS virus.

Funeral arrangements haven’t been announced.

X-Clan is a Hip Hop group from New York City, originally composed of Grand Verbalizer Funkin' Lesson Brother J, Lumumba Professor X The Overseer, Paradise The Architect and The Rhythm Provider Sugar Shaft.

Known for their Afrocentrism and militant activism (they were members of Blackwatch), X-Clan soon gained fame for the controversy their music aroused, though commercial success was sporadic. Their debut was To the East, Blackwards (1990), followed by Xodus (1992) and a temporary break-up. Both albums peaked at ..11 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip Hop Charts in the United States.

Other artists who were affiliated with X-Clan and Blackwatch include Isis, Queen Mother Rage, and YZ. Professor X released a solo album titled "Years of the 9: On The Blackhand Side" in 1991 and a second solo album titled "Puss N' Boots: The Struggle Continues" in 1993. Queen Mother Rage released "Vanglorious Law" in 1991. Isis released her debut "Rebel Soul" in 1990. YZ released his debut, "Sons of The Father" (noted for the song titled "Thinking of a Master Plan") in 1989 followed by "The Ghetto's Been Good To Me" (which included his modest hit "Return of The Holy One) in 1993.

In 1994 Brother J formed a new group, Dark Sun Riders, that released the full length Seeds of Evolution in 1995. 1995 also included the death of long time group member Sugar Shaft from complications related to AIDS. X-Clan reformed in the late 1990s but did not release any new material. Brother J a**embled a new team that he calls X Clan Millennium Cipher and released a vinyl single for "The One/Blackwards Row" in 2004. Professor X died of complications from meningitis on March 17, 2006. It is not yet known if the proposed new X-Clan CD titled "Return From Mecca" (originally titled "The Trinity") is still scheduled for release in 2006
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
damn, i thought he was protected by the red, the black and the greeeeeen? you sissssiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeees!

Queen Mother Rage had a couple of nice 12" out .... and those horns in "ghetto's been good to me" .... aaaah, good old memories!

nice to see that stuff mentioned again!

RIP lumumba!
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
sissy
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
RIP.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah man may his soul RIP
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Damn thats crazy, i remember back when "heed the words of the brother" was like the biggest songs of the summer, it was that and "911 is a joke"- public enemy.  yo R.I.P Prof X.

bTW, does any one have the song by YZ "the ghettos been good to me" been looking for that joint for like a decade.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah man x clan the shit i got there album in a second hand store for 10 rand i was like dammit man who would be so crazy to sell this shit
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
Quote from: "Draztik"
bTW, does any one have the song by YZ "the ghettos been good to me" been looking for that joint for like a decade.

damn, only three times on vinyl  ....

i'll bring a copy down to play it in SA!  ;)
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
dont be nasty bro how u gonna play it and bring it down and u knw this dude dying to have it
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus