Africasgateway.com

where is kwaito?

RuSh · 25 · 9679

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Kwaito responds: I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

only when she starts realizin she'll neva be hiphop....

intwenjani leyo....ngiya vula uyavala....
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah we need to tell her that
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
"Abobani abakhum'li Izinja la...awwu bebengazi benziphuuutha"-says Mapaputsi a Kwaaito artist.

He was probably talking about the R.A.P.& Hip Hop Heads(izinja).
But than again we seem to call each other 'cats'.

I used to love 'her' like the great Common. Growing up in the Townships this was our(and mine too) staple genre of music.

But than I realised that I was'nt a Party Peep, bcoz, formally, Kwaaito was, is and will still be made for the dance-floor, and anyways my mind is too racey to be listening to an artist repeating just a few lines over a dope beat.
Most of them sound the same, their  genre has this ceiling that u just somehow cannot pa**, if u do than u moving away from Kwaaito.

I'd rather listen to Rhythem and  Poetry that 'll stimulate my mind and expand my thoughts.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
ok the ghetto rap has spoken i remember the time when kwaito heds use to tell me this rap is not gonna last
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
I thot Kwaito was supposed to be in Namz to visit, but it seems the bitch is here to stay. I wonder if she got a res permit though coz she getting on my nerves day by day...

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
that shit seems contagious linked wth soem brother from nam out here thats also on AG Koldstone u met him
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Kwaito is about to engage in an arranged marriage with hip hop.  Be afraid for the kids.  Check  general forum.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
i will object at the engagement ha ha  :lol:
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
Nah Kwaito is stil around and doin it,it's just that we as hiphop lovers are now hearing a lot of Hiphop and are focussing on that.

there is Kabelo and his new group BlackJack, Thebe is back, Mandla Spikiri(I mean who doesn't know "current"? the gospel remix DAMN!!!), Brown Dash is doing his thing, Mandoza(even though MTV Base lists his first single "HOPE" as hiphop he is kwaito), Bricks(I don't know why but I don't like him) is big no BIG, and I like to believe Bongo Muffin are kwaito even though they try to label themself Afro-Pop, same with Malaika & Mafikizolo.

I can go on and on kwaito is still alive, the good thing about the current(no Pun) situation is that kwaito iis no longer the be all and end all of SA'can youth music Hip Hop has staked it's claim and is fighting for that spot light...

f*** what anyone might think I love me some pure unadulterated raw Kwaito, "ibiz' emoyeni... ibiz' emoyeni... sigiya ngengoma" most people should just hush it coz "hayi uyaClaimer, hayi uyaClaimer ayisuk' uyaClaimer..."

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Well, AGians, Kwaito sent me this letter last month, I had the memo but forgot to post it
after making that Early Kwaito mix:

Dear AG,

After checking out this post, I meant to write back but so much has changed
    over the past years. I have been underground since my cousin local House took over
    from Durban and evicted me. Her beat became faster and now calls herself "Durban
    House", even posing as me. My other cousin, SA Hip-Hop has made moves
    throughout the last decade as artists such as Driemanskaap, Jaak, HHP (who started
    with me, reminds me of my TKZee, Karamo, and Chiskop), Tumi, and etc. I remember
    the early days when record companies rejected me, thinking that I was just a kak 
    imitation of House music and Hip-Hop. My creators M'du, Oskido, and Spikiri took
    the streets to support me! Later, townships were feeling me and record companies
    would be at their knees to have me! Today, it seems that the people who supported
    me have now ignored my presence or are no longer to be found, major record
    companies and radio stations (YFM) who promised to carry me to the top are now
    trying to kill me off. People who produced their style based on me have went on to
    my cousin House or Hip-Pop. Some people have said that I've died but some people
    still remember my sound, uploading my music on Youtube, and cherishing the memories
    that I brought to a new South Africa. I have ever traveled to Botswana and now Namibia,
    where I am even more popular than I was at home! I may be dead to some, but I am   
    still around!!

Sincerely yours,

Kwaito (aka Sgubhu)

It said something like that....., I dunno. When I received this letter, it was in
      Tsotsi-taal. I had to find someone to translate this in English for me! ;D           

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:14:30 AM by M-Point »