Most Disappointing Albums

· 35 · 10887

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Quote:

03-10-2003 at 06:46, MaraD wrote:

You gotta take the word "wanksta" in it´s context of the whole posting, it has nothing to do with gangsterism, it means mc´s who criticise others´ skills/rhymes/raps but have got non themselves.

So all of sudden wanksta has a new meaning because of context ? Please man ! In my books, WANKSTA = FAKE GANGSTA, PERIOD. If someone who doesn´t know u, used that word to address u, are u gonna look at it from his context or are u gonna take it´s meaning as is ? And you´re labelling me a wanksta but you don´t even know me. Lets analyse your meaning here just a little bit,

it means mc´s  - Who the f*** said i was an MC ??? who criticise others´ skills/rhymes/raps but have got non themselvessince i am not an MC, i have never claimed to have skills/rhymes/rap

So next time use a better word to describe people u don´t know, preferably from a dictionary

bese wena uzongitshela nge arrest ye a**ualt, that means jack. just so you know "...mina ngihlal´ eKansa city..." bet you know the song, iWhite City ikasi lam´ baba.

Think, MrC, Think, ahhh let me use Context ->
  OK :Well since u labelled me a WANKSTA, and i didn´t understand it in your CONTEXT (which is plain BULLSHIT),i thought i should let u know what this WANKSTA has been through lately.And yeah it doesn´t mean JACK to be arrested for a**ault,it means JILL, especially if you never did time in the PEN.

ja! everyone has an opinion, and that is mine, and no where in my posting did I say change your opinion.

You never said i should change my opinion, but u damn well implied it. Why u gotta tell me that

"It´s been on MC´s lips that Guru is not getting the recognition and props he deserves, he should be rated at the top, blah, blah, f***en blah. now he´s being recognised and all of a sunday he´s wack. "

Are u by any chance trying to tell me what the general population is thinking, so that i feel i am the minority here ? If you can´t beat them join them, HUH ?

what direction?

when artists start becoming successful, they focus less and less on the quality of the music, and more and more on getting that next platinum plaque, commercials, movie scripts, clothing labels, etc,etc. That´s the direction i´m talking about. They do a complete 360, and start neglecting their music by focusing on other things that will make them more money,
e.g. method man, DMX, Snoop,etc,etc.

The other thing you need to realise is that in the "underground" b´coz you don´t neccessaryly have a large base of audiences the issues you address will cater for them,

Atmosphere, Cannibal OX, Boot Camp Click and Aesop Rock are all considered underground artists. Do they all address issues of the underground audience ? What are these issues by the way, what´s the latest and greatest BACK-PACK to buy ? To me, they sounds like they all have their our different subject matter but still appeal to the whole underground.

and when you got ma** sales, across the globe, you need to address issues of the other audiences(liberians have a differentstruggle to SA, Denmark´s youth have a different challenge to US´s youth) that´s what change is about.

Which commercial artist is addressing the issues of his/her entire audience ? f*** man, we listen to Jay-Z a lot down here, has he ever addressed issues that are really close to us ?

and what does that comparison prove? absolutely nothing.
you can´t just pick a verse and compare it with another verse, then claim/insinuate that it proves a drop in skill. first of they are in different contexts, I mean you can do the same thing you did comparing songs in the same record, I bet you your last tito, one will be weaker than the other.
of cos he can´t be the same as he was in ´94 cause that´s an example of depreciation.

U really like Contexts don´t u. I think you really need to start thinking about what you are writing. First u tell me

"I mean how in heaven do you say Guru (is not only wack but) is getting wacker and wacker"
and then you say
"of cos he can´t be the same as he was in ´94 cause that´s an example of depreciation."

Please Call Again. I´m really enjoying this.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote:

03-10-2003 at 05:36, Anonymous wrote:
Albums I was disappointed in:

*Muthaload compilation*

bland beats

(sanzo) 8-)

whoa slow down there cowboy...muthaload cummon yo..

i may agree that maybe YOU did not like it but it was far from dissappointing.

briCK has been know to be bitch..

so mostly so-phomore albumns usually are a big dissapointment with the biggest beign Gravediggaz...

sophomore albumns are always gonna be different and i think we all get too caught up on the first which i think is a f***ed up thing to do...
but it was written, wu foever, supreme clientele, beneth the surface...etc were not too bad

but the worst of them all was DAS-EFX..dissapointment cannot even begin to describe how i felt..

someone mentioned something about the Kweli..very very good point i never looked at it like that..heads up on the that..

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

oxman

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
I loved Spex - Rhymes I Wrote and the Muthaload compilation is a true masterpiece. A true cla**ic of JHB hip-hop and it was produced at the height of Kwaito fever.
What I regret spending money on without listening to the album was Snoop - The Game is to be Sold not to be Told. I was too embarrased to even give it away. That last Bles Bridges album was also quite wack.
xman

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
forgive me for thinking you are a clued up individual...a 1000 apologies.
your postings proves my thinking otherwise

And yeah it doesn´t mean JACK to be arrested for a**ault,it means JILL, especially if you never did time in the PEN.
it´s amazing that in this day and age there are people who think doing time is some how able to build character, make one a "better" person, a man among men. I´ve never done time, I don´t intend doing so and I´d advice anyone willing to take my advice not to do time. the closest I´ve been to incarceration was when I was detained for obstruction and had to spend 5 hours in the police cells...but then again maybe you were Jill when you was in prison.

Quote:

03-10-2003 at 08:56, MrC wrote:

Which commercial artist is addressing the issues of his/her entire audience ? f*** man, we listen to Jay-Z a lot down here, has he ever addressed issues that are really close to us ?
a little correction YOU listen to jay-z...not we cause I don´t.

but he can work well as an exampe of what I mean by "of coz he´s not the same..."

there´s was a verse on his track Girls, where he makes reference to an African girl who when he met her was wearing skins or some shit like that...
now that is based on his stereotypes about Africans, because he doesn´t know about them. A few years from today he might get a chance to tour Africa and that will enlighten his a**, and he won´t have those stereotypes. That my unlearned friend means "growth" "progress" "appreciation" "learn-ing" , and then he won´t be the same as he was when he wrote girls...

if at 24 I´m the same as I was in ´94, what would that mean to you?

overstand?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
it´s amazing that in this day and age there are people who think doing time is some how able to build character, make one a "better" person, a man among men. I´ve never done time, I don´t intend doing so and I´d advice anyone willing to take my advice not to do time. the closest I´ve been to incarceration was when I was detained for obstruction and had to spend 5 hours in the police cells...

Where in my post did i ever say doing time in prison makes you a "better person" ?  But to say it doesn´t build one´s character is going a bit too far. If being locked up away for months, without the luxuries of life, without seeing your family doesn´t build your character,then you´re mos def not human.I always thought struggle is what builds up character but hey, that´s just me.

a little correction YOU listen to jay-z...not we cause I don´t.

Oh my goodness ! You´re really something. Do you know how many records this man sells in this country ? I was referring to the unlearned, not clued up hip-hop population of this country, and obviuosly you are not included Einstein.

but he can work well as an exampe of what I mean by "of coz he´s not the same..."

You´re talking about something that has not happened, which you a**ume will happen in the future, and u use that as an example of not being the same. Please man!

That my unlearned friend
There u go again. Haven´t you learned anything from my previous post. You call me unlearned but you are so resistant to learning something from me. Let me make it clear to you one more time, hopefully you´ll LEARN how to engage with other people.DON´T JUDGE SOMEONE YOU DON´T KNOW. You make statements like these and when i defend myself by stating facts that have occured in my life you tell me i´m not a clued up individual. Now, do u want a list of my qualifications and achievements to show u how unlearned i am so u can reply by saying they don´t mean JACK ? Grow up man.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
a person is judged by what they do and say, from what you´ve been writting there is an element of unlearnedness. It´s not the facts about the happenings in your life but the way you put them across that makes you look like an unlearned individual.

And yes you are right struggle does build a character, but being in prison in its self is not a struggle.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Was it my grammar or maybe my punctuation that wasn´t correct ?

Please enlighten me on how i could have put the happenings in my life more appropriately, so that i don´t look like a fool next time i´m trying to wear my heart on my sleeve.

I noticed a few spelling mistakes and unfinished words in your posts. Is this what i was doing as well ? Please educate me, cuz i am always eager to learn new presentation skills. I really want to get rid of this unlearned beast in me.

Thanking u in advance,
MrC.

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
your sarcasm is misdirected...
it´s not about the gramar speling on any shit regarding languege becuase I em not england...so i can not coment on someones lack of england coase i myself lack a lot of england...

if you look back at when you first posted on your arrest, ask yourself if I really needed to know that, cause it had/has nothing to do with what I said previously...(labelling you a wankster), whether it means what I said it meant or what you thought I meant.Trying to prove you are not a "fake gangster" on the internet is a sign of unlearnedness.

the other things are your reasoning and analysis. though we all have different thinking I feel yours is backward (that´s just how I judge it) these are what make me label you unlearned...Nje

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
with regards to my arrest, i must admit, i didn´t wanna post that, and even after i posted that, i didn´t wanna dwell on it for as long as we did. i was just defending myself with facts. Now, i´m no gangster, but i´m no sucka as well, and i really took offense when u labelled me a wanksta.

the other things are your reasoning and analysis.

I think you´re the one who suffers most in these categories.You made a lot of statements where u contradicted yourself, which you didn´t even bother to answer back to, when i highligthed them to you. Lets just revisit them again shall we .

1. You said a wanksta is an MC, blah,blah ... - u a**umed i was an MC, which to me qualifies as a wrong ANALYSIS.

2. You were disputing the fact that i said, Guru is getting wacker & wacker, and u yourself ended up saying he was depreciating. Not very good REASONING here.

3. I listed a couple of Guru´s verses to PROVE that he was getting wacker. You just dismissed them without any good REASONING, except that i can´t compare two verses and conclude that he is wack. I thought that´s how you show a persons downfall, by comparing his/her work from bee4 with the work they are producing now. And it´s not just the one verse, i can quote a lot more, just didn´t wanna make a long post full of lyrics.

4. You used a hypothetical scenario to demonstrate someone´s growth. How do u know if Jay-Z came here, he would change his stereotypical view ? You can´t use a made up scenario to support your misconceptions about what growth is. Use facts, my man, FACTS.

Mara otherwise, let´s just dead this.Mina sengi moja ngawe.

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 06-10-2003 09:53 ]

Anonymous

as I said it´s your analysis....
my statement said "of cos he can´t be the same as he was in ´94 cause that´s an example of depreciation."
an example of depreciation would be him STAYING THE SAME for 9 years, he would not be growing while everything around is moving up, hence it´ll be like he´s depreciating... I did not say he is depreciating, I was saying he can´t be the same cause me saying he´s the same would be agreeing with your statement (that says he is getting wacker and wacker).
I still don´t know if you´ll overstand me on that...

Anonymous

when did this thing log me out

it´s Mara´D....

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
ezase kasi
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I still don´t overstand my brother, please clear it up for me one more time.

my statement said "of cos he can´t be the same as he was in ´94 cause that´s an example of depreciation."

How can you say if he stayed the same, that would be an example of depreciation ? Guru was tight nine years ago. If he stayed the same as he was 9 years ago, he would still be tight. Depreciation means declining, going-down,a decrease in value or do u have a different meaning ? Therefore he can´t be an example of depreciation if he stayed the same. I agree with u there wouldn´t be growth if he stayed the same, but he wouldn´t be depreciating as well. Not growing and depreciation is not the same thing. If a company is making the same amount of profit every year,it might be a concern to them cuz all companies want growth, but they wouldn´t be depreciating.

And he didn´t need growth, he was fine just the way he was.Growth made him wacker, so he should have just stayed the same, and Gangstarr wouldn´t have been on my list.

I was saying he can´t be the same cause me saying he´s the same would be agreeing with your statement (that says he is getting wacker and wacker).

See above.
Do u overstand now ?

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 06-10-2003 15:14 ]

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

06-10-2003 at 15:10, MrC wrote:

If a company is making the same amount of profit every year,it might be a concern to them cuz all companies want growth, but they wouldn´t be depreciating.

in real terms they are most definitely depreciating...
if a company was making a R100000 profit in say 98, and they make the same amount of profit today, do you think the owner/s would enjoy the same luxuries they enjoyed then?...no they won´t.
things increase every single year(except in China or something) and that is inflation. Now inflation pushes down the value of cash, hence a R100000 today is not the same as a R100000 in 98. if you don´t believe me go ask your bank manager or financial advisor. to give an illustration of what I mean, when I was in Sub-A(Grade 1) I only got 25c for lunch money, todays kids (at the same age/grade) need about R5 minimum to buy the exact things I used to buy(kota with mash,mince,achaar & french plus ice and some sweets, damn I still remember)...do you still want to tell me that they won´t be depreciating?

Like Nas said I overstand a mental poison.....Nje