Africasgateway.com

which the best time for:

khoi · 5 · 910

khoi

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
writing lyrics: ie mood (high or drunk, happy or angry), where (in your room, outside the house, high or drunk), environment (quiet, high or drunk)    

recording/ freestyling: mood (high or drunk, happy or angry), where (in my room, outside), environment (you and those involved with the project or the room must be full of cats)    

performing: high or drunk

I go first

writing lyrics:
mood  - the happier I’m the better tight the lyrics , I’ve wrote anything drunk.
where- my room is the best place I write bangers but I also like to sit on the stoep especially when writing a song about social issues.  
environment – i get bored easily, when it’s too quiet I get bored and give up.    

recording a song
when – in the morning preferably Saturdays at about 08:30 – 10:00 – there fewer cats there is the better.
mood – must be happy, clear mind. I’ve never recorded while drunk    

performing – It don’t matter drunk or sober – I’ve performed so many times drunk and so many times sober – I think in both circumstances did well.
;-)

[ This message was edited by: khoi on 16-02-2004 09:40 ]
wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Well here we go!

writing :
I´m not really an MC but i´ve written a few rhymes in my lifetime. I really need to start writing more.

Mood - > When i´m under pressure i write better. First rhyme i ever wrote i was challenged by this kid to battle live on Voice of Soweto (this is way b4  i started presenting the hip-hop show on the station). The rhyme had nothing to do with the battle but still came off tight, and the callers voted for me cos my shyt was on another tip

where -> on top of my bed listening to a a tight instrumental through headphones.
Environment ->bedroom, in the car driving.

recording a song ->
when - very late @ night
mood - drunk as f***. makes it more interesting.

performing - i only performed once at Lee Club and i was drunk as f***. I kicked a rhyme, accapella, about robbin local celebrities and the crowd went bananas. I remember Mizchif was there, and i had a line about him in the song and boy was he pissed. So he approached me after that trying to get all physical and shit. I just brushed him off. That was FUN.

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 16-02-2004 09:26 ]
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

afronaut

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://
writing--> tho i still think emcees talk shit including myself, i fell it therapeutic to get shit off my chest.

mood--> Cant write shit if uninspired, in fact i dont even try. have to have a topic worth branching on n not jus some ol bullshit or else i will guarantee u wackness.

where--> everywhere the toilet seat, taxis, dark alleys at night, my room i depend on my mood.my best writes come off my toilet seat.

recording--> whenever im alone, i dont try often coz i dont have the right equipment.

performing--> never drunk i get stoopid when im drunk. maybe jus mellow. never drunk. (did yall see snazz at the looptroop tryin to perform drunk.peeps jus left) pulled a tight performance with a beatbox n a click i a**embled at school cats r part time rappers so the all got booed.Naturally i took the light, cudnt blame em like i said they were part time rappers.
otz

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote:

16-02-2004 at 09:22, MrC :

performing - i only performed once at Lee Club and i was drunk as f***. I kicked a rhyme, accapella, about robbin local celebrities and the crowd went bananas. I remember Mizchif was there, and i had a line about him in the song and boy was he pissed. So he approached me after that trying to get all physical and shit. I just brushed him off. That was FUN.

I think I remember that one! ha ha Mr Rhymes!!????
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphop.nu/

writing lyrics: not high or drunk cuz shit just comes out in all shapes and sizes, not good ones at that. not happy, better neutral. angry is good too.
can write anywhere almost, but should be a relatively quite environment

recording/freestyling: once again, not high or drunk. any mood is aight but distractions are not good. can do it anywhere and with almost anyone. environment is aight.

performing: high or drunk > no. otherwise the shit just comes out like as;ofdlclkcbdkcvjzbdlbn. kind of.

one
imminy rickets aka curse pettersson