Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Vote ANC

Guest · 17 · 3956

Anonymous

Vote ANC. Its the only party that has the interests of the hip hop community at heart. VOTE ANC.

Anonymous

FOK JOU, vote AWB!!!! Die party met die wit mense op hart!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
VOTE AG
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphop.nu/
vote AZAPO
imminy rickets aka curse pettersson

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Quote:

13-04-2004 at 13:11, rugged_man :
VOTE AG

;-)
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Anonymous

i agree with my friend from the awb, as old skool as he may be about the VOK JOU comment, but buddy, does that party still exist, to me its a joke.anyway.

the anc giving a f*** about the hip hop community,THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP EVER TYPED ON ANY FORUM.if they anc supported hip hop and its freedom of expression, skwatta kamp would of never even been ha**led about the politics track.if i recall u bombaclats(im a**umin u are a puppet for the youth league) tried to have the whole khut en joyn record pulled because of the contents of one song. i dunno, if freedom is the right to speak freely then maybe we have a developing dictatorship.

its a fact anc is goin to win, nobody really cares about who votes what but buddy, that bullshit about hip hop etc bla blah blah is not even funny or worth listenin to.

pleases, reserve such comments in the future, if anything, tell us what the policies are dont talk crap.thank you

hollow yoda

DEMOCRACY = HIPOCRACY, ANC CAN EAT A DICK. VOTE AG!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

The hip hop community has to realize that it can no longer isolate itself from the ma**es and expect to grow. So long as this is the case it will only attract a few people who will be perceived as American wannabees & never "blow up" throughout SA. The ANC is supported by the ma**es. It played a great role in liberating SA from apartheid. Heads should know.

Politics by Skwatta was just an attention seeking song. Dead Prez copy cats.failed to realise that SA is different from US - you can´t just criticise the government with no facts to prove your case. I bet those boys are on Tony Leonn´s payroll or some other divisive force in the movement. Anyway song did not go anywhere because of the small hip hop community we have eMzantsi. Hip Hop won´t influence many people in SA unless it changes and realises that this is SA & partcipate in the cchanges taking place.

Viva ANC. two thirds majority.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Anonymous

Viva Chicken Head, Viva NationalDemocraticRevolution, Viva Progressive Politics!

Any1 who thought that politikz (skwatta kamp) was a political song or "conscious" is an idiot. All they did was attempt to get fame by bad mouthing our president (calling him an alocoholic and such), The ANC Youth League supports all progressive youth movements (hip hop, slam) but have every right (like the rest of the country) to EXPRESS their views and the responsiblity to ensure that the youth of the country is not led down a path of social and political apathy by immature egotists. The ANCYL has no gripes about critism but there is a difference between attacking our leaders personal lives and critising the movement.
HAs anything positive come out of the SK song?, did they highlight any issues?, did they suggest and solutions for problems?, did they educate their fans at all?... Maybe SK is Leons lap dog, they seem to have learnt alot from DA political strategy call the Prez a fool  (anything bad for the government(and therefore the people) is good for the DA, and helps SK sell and get a record deal)

I hate to "hate" on SK but that song and the whole debacle was a warning of how petty and useless SA hip hop can become if MC´s import wholesale formulas from the States. if you actually have an issue try and solve it, educate us. don´t try and gain "conscious props" by  copying DeadPrez
Elevate Bafoweto

Silent

Anonymous

okay maybe i did blow my lid a bit there.but i still dont see how the anc support local hiphop.all ive ever heard about the anc and hip hop was them trying to pull skwatta kamp.

im not a fan, and i cudnt give a f*** whether its a conciuos or not, my problem is with them TRYING TO PULL A LOCAL HIPHOP GROUP THAT EXPRESSED HOW THEY FELT AT THAT TIME(whether or not it was a stolen formula or they really felt thet bra thabo is an alchy).

THis all boils down to the question, isnt hiphop a form of expression,doesnt the constitution  protect our rights to express ourselves.If i woke up wrote a track about f***ing mbekis moms and struck the wrong chord does it mean that i could have my whole record pulled??thats why, tho i voted anc, i beleive the youth league is going the direction of a serious dictatorship and honestly i dont want to be represented by such.

hollow yoda

Silence

• Guppie
    • View Profile
    • http://
Defamation of character!, its the right of any person\group\movement to defend itself against hostile and untrue (bullsh!t) attacks. all rights come with responsibilities (including EXPRESSION).
I don´t know about getting the record pulled (thats not what I heard) but if the Youth league did try then it was messed.

Anonymous

What does Skwatta know about politics?

You are right about dictatirship in the youth league. Matter of fact there is no leadership at all. Current leaders only have their interests at heart.  The fact is that the ANC played a big role in our liberation and we should ensure that we support them. Don’t only mention Biko, Mandela & Sobukwe when listening to international emcees. It would be great for emcees to be involved in promotional activities of the ANC & govt. it would take the art to millions pf South Africans. Then it might blow up and get acceptance.

Silence

• Guppie
    • View Profile
    • http://
Now now Mr ChickenHead, dont talk shit if you dont know shit. Name the leadership of the Youth League please! and one person who´s only "looking out for himself"
please give me an example of the "Dictatorship" of the YL leadership. This notion of the YL being a dictatorship seems to be quite widespread, maybe I´m just blinded by my love but can someone please tell me what that means. It could just be that someone is copying Yoda´s sentiment (which happens so often in Hip Hop I wouldn´t be surprised) but if there is  real feeling that YL leadership is dictatorial can someone please give me a reason why you think so!
atleast you´re being positive, if there is a problem with the leadership of the ANC and the Youth League it is up to us to change that leadership. They´re only leading us because we´re following them!

Anonymous

Quote:

18-04-2004 at 10:18, Silence :
Defamation of character!, its the right of any person\group\movement to defend itself against hostile and untrue (bullsh!t) attacks. all rights come with responsibilities (including EXPRESSION).

Thats fair, and i dont contest it at all. in fact to some extent i must admit that i have no know ledge of what the YL is about and in all honesty, i dont think i wud be supportive of any anc hiphop bash.

I dont believe in mixing the policies of any party with hiphop, thats probably why i resent ur whole idea of heads coming together on the anc´s(or any other party except for mine) behalf.

I dont beleive itll be represented to its purest form, which is the promotion of the youth and its dynamic voice. NOT EVERYBODY WHOS BLACK VOTED THE ANC MEANING NOT EVERYBODY WHOS BLACK LIKES OUR CURRENT GOVERNMENT(that goes for all races, i say black because i am black).

Its a good idea if we spoke of spreading the culture and yes, itll be a big plus for any political party to host a major hip hop event, but if all parties wud be given an equal platform(UNLESS IF U PROMOTE ANY KIND OF DISCRIMINATION) to promote their policies, i would actually love to have a hand.

At the end of the day, HIP HOP IS FOR THE PEOPLE NOT CERTAIN GROUPS, IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE PRESERVED FOR ANY RACE, AND IT WILL NEVER BE PRESERVED BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE OPINOINS(making us all a**holes made in the vision of god)AND WE ALL WANT PEOPLE TO VIEW OUR OPINIONS IN THE VARIOUS FORMS OF EXPRESSION WE HAVE - THE ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP

Hollow Yoda

4 1nce an intelligent conversation