Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Net emCeeing is for Pussies?

Guest · 14 · 4658

DarkBlood

How many times have we seen people write that on this forum? I´ve been a member for only about one and a half months I think and already I can say I´ve seen it enough times to equal the number of words in the Braveheart script. What´s my point? Well, why don´t these people put their verbals where their fingers are? If I took the initiative to try organise a mic event in Cape Town (Sorry to all those not in Cape Town but I can only be in one place at the same time. At least, that´s what I want you to think. Hahaha!) then how many of you emcees would be interested in taking part?

The thing is, I´m tired of only showing off my skills by sitting in front of a computer screen and typing with no pressure, no adrenaline and no emotion. It´s stagnating and I hate stagnance. I went to the Lounge last night as I thought there would be an open mic session but I that they were closed last night. I got pissed off! When Blood gets pissed off, he gets shit done. So I´m getting shit done.

No one knows we exist, because we don´t seem to exist. We need to spread like wild fire on a oil spill. So I propose that we organise an event somewhere in Cape Town at least. Maybe still at the lounge. The problem is, I can´t approach the manager and say "Hey we want to perform" but there´s only one emcee I know of who´s interested, me! I need numbers with me adn that´s why I´m posting this. Who´s interested? Let me know. All I need are names and possibly a few people to help organise. But this is getting done, noma kanjani!

Quote a line from The Chronic: "There´re three types of people in this world. Those who don´t know what happened, those who wonder what happened and....(finish it off!)"

Are we doing this or what?

Anonymous

i feel that...all you net emceez are nuthin but fagz yo...if ya´ll don put it down on the real...in reality then you pussy....this site should have an audio battle section uno....too many pussies out there....

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
i think that you cats are missing it completely...

in 1988 graffiti was strictly on walls and subway trains... today it´s in books.. on websites... f***in´ everywhere u look...
meaning that artists exploit every single marketing and communication channel worth exploiting for the greater good of graffiti

net emceeing is just the exploitation of another communication channel / media platform... and by the look of things - NOT FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF EMCEEING

why don´t all of you shove your egos up your arses... and start thinking about where we wanna take hiphop... think about WHY Milkdaddy worx his arse off to give us this platform... why all you muthafukkas spend hours in from of monitors reading posts and responding...
why you are sitting there thinking: "f*** ebonycat´s got a point"..

LONG LIVE EMCEEING (no matter which medium is used)
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

thorax

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
WHO DOES THIS EBONY CAT THINK HE IS?  SPIKE LEE?

:-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]

THAT WAS FUNNY!  COME ON EVERYBODY LAUGH NOW!

SPIKE LEE IS A BITCH, HE SOLD OUT BY ENDORSING YOUNG
BLACK AMERICAN MEN TO GO FIGHT FOR UNCLE SAM.

HEY EBONY, PLEASE DON´T HURT ME

YOU ARE A VERY CLEVER MAN ( OR WOMAN ) LORD KNOWS WHAT GOES ON IN THIS FORUM

I NEED TO MEET YOU ONE DAY, YOU KEEP THE BALANCE IN THIS FORUM

DarkBlood

Well, so far I geuss a reply to the post is good enough. EbonyCat, I think you misunderstood what I was saying but either way, let´s not get off the topic.

Again I ask, who would actually be interested? It´s not just battling I´m talikng about at this event. Its emceeing completely, DJing (if there is such a word) and all other forms of hip-hop that can be fitted in the constraint of the budget that´ll have to be drafted.

Can I have names of people who´re interested and what they intend to take part in. (Eg. battling, freestyling, mixing, organising...etc.) Is anybody else interested?

SOYA DADDY

• BIG SPACE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +4/-3
  • www.myspace.com/spacevein
    • View Profile
    • Official BiG Space Music page
netcees are pussy...i i´m down with you darkblood...geographical distribution is f***ed up though,i´m far away.

http://WWW.SPACESWAGGER.BLOGSPOT.COM
[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/metalhead_xox/Animate

DarkBlood

Sorry ´bout dat SpaceVein. When this is pulled off, we´ll do Jo´burg when I come back up.
Boom!

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Darkblood... i think your intentions are honourable... but talking net emceeing down for the sake of organising a live event is not what progress is about...

that´s like saying to hell with africasgateway ´cause i´m starting a hiphop magazine...

thorax - what do u know about Spike Lee?
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

DarkBlood

EbonyCat

Again I´ll say it, I think you´re misunderstanding my intentions. You seem to think I want to get the emcess off the net and onto stage and then have them forget about the net completey. Let me make it clear. I am not trying to get people to move houses, I´m trying to get them to come out of the roof they are cacooning in and see the world that exists outside of it. They can, and I strongly suggest they do, return back to this house and chill amongst familiar faces and family members who grew with them and helped them grow.

If you in any way believe that I´m trying to render sites like The Gateway obselete, I urge you to remove and destroy that thought for it is not what I am trying to get done. How can I try destroy that which created a path for me in this venture? Not only is that dishonourable, but it is foolish as well. I am not trying to kill the need for The Gateway as it will always be there.

I hope now you understand what it is I´m trying to do. There´s more to emceeing and hip-hop than just writing. It is not a stagnant entity, it is a dynamic life-form that grows inside of you as you nurture it. The Gateway successfully nurtures your writing skills and I don´t suggest people get rid of it nor do I endores it, live performances nurture your pressure handling and self-confidence skills.  
Boom!

So! I still don´t have names. Is anyone actually game? Or is this a lost cause?

:-?  :-?

DarkBlood

Thanks MD. It looks like this is going to be tougher than I calculated. ;-)

Anonymous

i think it´s a great idea, we need to bring out the talent in this country...
all those cats that can´t afford shit need a chance to show their talent too, and they´ll have a chance too, at an event like this, if correctly advertised; it could be big, real big, and mc´s from all over the countrywill turn up to drop science!

I´m down wit this!!!!!!

DarkBlood

Cool cousin! Glad ta here it. Can I have your name?

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
after seeing the SA Music Week itenerary...

i am returning to Cape Town first week in July...
this after applying for job after job - with no success...
i am taking a leap of faith...

when i´m down... hook up with me... i´d love to get involved
i´m on ebonycat@nexor516.net
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

DarkBlood

Well, oddly enough, I´ll be in Jo´Burg from mid June to mid July for my Vac. When I return I´ll get in touch though or will keep in touch to get the logistics done so we can execute in minimal time.

Take care brother.
Boom!